For a nascent technology offering as complex as a reused rocket, this ought to assuage any doubts that SpaceX is not utterly committed to its pursuit of affordable access to orbit by way of launch vehicle reusability. The rocket took off from Kennedy Space Center in Florida, carrying a satellite with a dual-purpose mission for both EchoStar and SES.
The rocket being used for Wednesday's launch was previously used in February for an International Space Station supply mission. SpaceX successfully launched a recycled rocket component for the first time in March in a bid to make the rocket travels more affordable and cut down the cost of highly expensive rocket components.More news: Reliance Jio Diwali offer: Get full cashback on recharge of Rs 399
After reaching orbit, the second stage fired its rocket engine to maneuver into the proper orbit for deployment of the Echostar 105/SES-11 satellite. This will be the third occasion ever that Musk's company launches a "flight proven" booster, a term they use to refer to previously-flown components. Musk, SpaceX's chief executive officer, has championed reusability- once derided as a insane idea-to lower launch costs and win a growing roster of customers. "One of our core strategies is to offer new services that are either flat out impossible or not easily replicated by more traditional "bent pipe" and geostationary systems".
The latest Falcon 9 rocket launch marks the third time when the company has successfully launched and landed a rocket that had already flown.More news: Carmakers hit in Japan steel scandal
SpaceX is preparing for its second rocket launch of the week Wednesday evening.
EchoStar-105/SES-11 is a 5,200-kilogram telecommunications satellite from European manufacturer Airbus Defence and Space with 24 C-band and 24 Ku-band transponders.More news: Five Hollywood Studios On Board For Movies Anywhere Service
- Singleton truck crash: Driver of alleged stolen semi-trailer refused bail
- No Colombia pact, insists Peru's Tapia
- Nadal and Federer win in straight sets at Shanghai Masters
- Delhi youth nabbed after scamming Amazon 166 times for Rs52 lakh
- Amazon Re-Kindles The Oasis With Upgraded Model
- McDonald's Szechuan sauce promotion event a blunder
- Devon Energy Corporation (NYSE:DVN) Closed Over Its 50 Day Moving Average
- EPS for Pilgrim's Pride Corporation (PPC) Expected At $0.71
- British Daesh recruiter 'White Widow' killed in drone strike in Syria
- New York Man Arrested, Charged With Threatening 'Las Vegas Repeat'