Uttam Kumar Reddy said while Narendra Modi talked about punishing money launderers and cracking down on Swiss Bank accounts, he remained silent when his own party president Amit Shah's son Jay Amitbhai Shah's income from foreign earnings rose from Rs 0 to Rs 51 crores in one year.
The court would make further hearing on October 11 by asking Jay Shah to produce two witnesses to substantiate his suit and only after that would the court decide whether to issue summons against the seven persons named as the accused.More news: PFAW Response to McConnell Comments on Changing Blue Slip Process
Jay Shah has filed a defamation case against the news portal over the report and prayed for, "criminal action against the respondents for defaming and tarnishing the reputation of the complainant through an article, which is scandalous, frivolous, misleading, derogatory, libelous and consisting of several defamatory statements".
The case was filed over a report the website had published on Sunday.
The protest rally organised here was a part of the CPI-M's countrywide protests against the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). He had earlier announced that he will also file Rs 100 crore civil defamation suit. As per rules, if a government lawyer takes up a private case, he has to take permission of the Law ministry. "The editor of the website is Mr Siddharth Varadarajan". The Congress has demanded an inquiry into the matter, while the BJP called the article defamatory.More news: BlackBerry Motion is an All-Touch Smartphone
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi tweeted on Sunday bringing in the D-word - demonetisation - into the equation, perhaps suggesting the company shut down in October 2016, right before PM Modi's note-bandi diktat on November 8, 2016.
Jay Shah's lawyer has written: "Jay Shah, Jitendra Shah and their associates invested share capital and unsecured loans in this company [Temple Enterprise]". It must be noted that Singh doesn't mention the word "scam" or "illegal" anywhere, but only highlights the amounts transacted, the loans/credits extended and in what circumstances.More news: Z Might Buy Harvey Weinstein's Shares in the Weinstein Company
- Spirit Realty Capital, Inc. (NYSE:SRC) Experiences Heavier than Usual Trading Volume
- Andromeda, Dead Space 3 and more are coming soon to EA Access
- Taiwan monopoly regulator fines Qualcomm more than $770M
- Amazon Alexa devices can finally tell voices apart
- Trading Patterns In Focus: Mazor Robotics Ltd. (MZOR), Synchrony Financial (SYF)
- Taking a Fresh Look at Helios and Matheson Analytics Inc. (HMNY)
- AMC Entertainment Holdings (AMC) Receives News Impact Rating of 0.05
- Commissioners Court: October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month in Hays County
- Previewing health order, Trump vows 'great, great' insurance
- Harvey Weinstein Addresses Georgina Chapman's Decision to Leave Him