Parkway Place Mall will close on Thanksgiving for the second year in a row, according to its owner.
CBL Properties, owner of Volusia Mall, announced that the 1.1 million-square-foot enclosed shopping center will be closed for the holiday but will open its doors the following day, November 24, at 6 a.m. for Black Friday, which traditionally marks the start of the holiday shopping season. Access to mall common areas will be restricted until 6 a.m. on Friday.More news: Jordan Brand ending Carmelo Anthony's signature-shoe line
CBL & Associates Properties, Inc. who manages the mall, said they received "overwhelmingly positive" support with last year's decision to close.
Department stores, movie theaters, restaurants, and retailers with exterior entrances will have the option to open their stores on Thursday.More news: Panama Awarded Phantom Goal To Break USA Hearts
Jefferson Mall in Okolona has more than 50 shops and restaurants along with Dillard's JCPenney and Sears as anchor stores. Missouri properties that will be closed on Thanksgiving include Mid Rivers Mall in St. Peters, the South County Center in south St. Louis County, and West County Center in Des Peres.
The Summit spokeswoman Britni Johnson said while the shopping center will be closed, some "individual stores may have alternate schedules at their own discretion".More news: Four Years Later, Seth MacFarlane Explains His Wisecrack About Harvey Weinstein
- GIC IPO subscribed 0.75 times
- PFAW Response to McConnell Comments on Changing Blue Slip Process
- AMC Entertainment Holdings (AMC) Receives News Impact Rating of 0.05
- Pitt Greensburg students react to former classmate's murder charges
- Taking a Fresh Look at Helios and Matheson Analytics Inc. (HMNY)
- Paul Scholes interviewed for manager's job at Oldham
- Smoke from wildfires prompts health caution
- Defiant Trump could derail free trade agreement talks
- JetBlue Airways Corporation (NASDAQ: JBLU)
- Researchers Wonder Why a Giant Hole Keeps Opening Up in Antarctica