Shah who is the son of the Bharatiya Janata Party President Amit Shah has slapped Rs 100 crores defamation suit against the website, after publication of the article.
"I don't want to comment on the merit of the case as it is a matter of investigation but I would like to say the manner in which a federal minister jumped into the fray... He is a central minister not a chartered accountant of Mr Jay", Mr Sinha said, referring to Union minister Piyush Goyal's defence of Mr Jay. The former Finance Minister, further taking on the government, slammed it for allowing Tushar Mehta, the Additional Solicitor General, to take on the case of Amit Shah's son Jay Shah. The very special circumstances in which the additional solicitor-general has been cleared to defend the concerned person also raises some issues and that was also to my mind avoidable.More news: Paul Scholes interviewed for manager's job at Oldham
Punjab's finance minister Manpreet Badal said on Wednesday that Prime Minister Narendra Modi must speak on the alleged business dealings of BJP chief Amit Shah's son and demanded a probe into the issue.
Jay Shah's company has reportedly recorded a turnover of Rs800 million in 2015 after showing just Rs50,000 the previous year. In line with the same, Union minister of chemicals and fertilizers Ananth Kumar reached Patna in the morning and garlanded the statue of JP at Income Tax roundabout in the company of CM Nitish Kumar, deputy CM Sushil Kumar Modi and road construction minister Nand Kishore Yadav, among others.Later, Ananth, accompanied by Yadav and state BJP president Nityanand Rai, left for JP's village at Sitab Diara in Saran district to garland the statue of JP there. An episode takes place. "From the way we have responded - the party and government - it appears we have lost the high moral ground". "The BJP has lost the high moral ground of zero tolerance on corruption", he added. His statement came in direct reference to the party's decision to send a Union Minister to defend the businessman, who is not even a party of the government.More news: Virginia governor candidates face off in final debate
The court adjourned the hearing following an application on behalf of senior lawyer S V Raju, representing Jay, on his non availability.More news: Boy Scouts to recruit girls
- Chapel Hills Mall to be closed on Thanksgiving again this year
- Researchers Wonder Why a Giant Hole Keeps Opening Up in Antarctica
- (CZR) Shares now down at $12.65 Caesars Entertainment Organizes $2…
- Hackers steal Joint Strike Fighter plans during cyber attack
- New York Man Arrested, Charged With Threatening 'Las Vegas Repeat'
- Cliffs Inc. (NYSE:CLF) Pressured Under Trend Lines
- Making Way Towards North with Performance Booster: Adobe Systems Incorporated (NASDAQ:ADBE)
- Galaxy Note 8 Market Share Has Already Reached 1% in Vital Markets
- Comprehensive Stock Analysis Of Celsion Corp. (CLSN)
- BlackBerry Motion is an All-Touch Smartphone