The visitors lost Aaron Finch and David Warner in the first three overs only to see Moises Henriques and Travis Head combine a 110-run partnership to help them cross over the line. The leg-spinner out-foxed IPL teammate MS Dhoni, luring him out of his crease with a wide delivery that was swiftly capitalised on by Tim Paine behind the stumps, before he clean bowled top-scorer Kedhar Jadhav with a wrong un.
Talking about the form of the pitch, he said, "It was a tough wicket for batting". "It feels great. As I said at the toss, we had to bowl well and start well". He made us think. "He was fortunate to have got those wickets", said the pacer from Uttar Pradesh. If you have to win the match, you have to keep taking wickets especially in the middle overs which we couldn't do.More news: Traders Sell Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM) on Strength Following Analyst Downgrade
Playing in only his second T20I - and after bowling just one over on debut in the series opener - Behrendorff produced a dream first over, responding to a pair of Rohit Sharma boundaries by trapping the star opening lbw then dismissing captain Virat Kohli caught-and-bowled two balls later. "We can't really say we could have bowled the way we began", he concluded.More news: New York Man Arrested, Charged With Threatening 'Las Vegas Repeat'
This is how the 27-year-old 'Jason Behrendorff who?' pressed the destruction button, making the overconfident Indian batsmen fumble their footwork.
"I don't think we were good enough with the bat". But we couldn't do it. Behrendorff, who bowled his four overs on the trot and cleaned up the Indian top order was easily the pick of the Australian bowlers. We can't really point a finger on someone and say it was their fault. "So it was just an off day for us". He bowled the flawless line and length and made good use of the conditions. "The wickets of Rohit and Virat became crucial", Bhuvneshwar said about his team's batting that could post only a modest 118. It was the ideal kind of wicket for the line and length he bowled, You need to be a bit fortunate to get three or four wickets in the T20s.More news: Boy Scouts to recruit girls
Kohli had taken India home for a 9-wicket win in the rain curtailed first match in Ranchi, which followed a scintillating knock of 82 in the only T20I against Sri Lanka last month.
- Weatherford International Plc's (WFT) Buy Rating Reaffirmed at Royal Bank of Canada
- Kenya high court says minor candidate can contest presidential re-run
- Spain Gives Catalonia A Deadline: Retract Independence Claim Or Else
- Astronauts take a spacewalk to lubricate robotic arm
- Chapel Hills Mall to be closed on Thanksgiving again this year
- Nick Kyrgios Fined $31085 for Incident at Shanghai Masters
- British Daesh recruiter 'White Widow' killed in drone strike in Syria
- Taylor Twellman Went On A Second Epic Rant On ESPN
- Body Cam Footage Shows Alex Morgan Arguing With Disney World Police
- Carmakers hit in Japan steel scandal