While there are also reports of LG setting up a team for printing rigid-flexible printed circuit board (RFPCB).
It had been thought that Apple would work with Samsung to produce flexible screens for future iPhones. This could mean that Apple could postpone its usual iPhone launch that year. The report says that Apple could be launching its foldable smartphone by 2020.More news: Category 1 Hurricane Ophelia grows stronger in Atlantic Ocean
True Depth camera and Face ID are the latest features from Apple that have been incorporated on the upcoming iPhone X. Top Apple analyst now believe that these features will soon hit the next version of iPad Pro.
Piper Jaffray's latest survey on teen consumers indicates that enthusiasm for the tech giant's devices in that demographic has never been higher. The report also suggested that the iPhone-maker chose to join forces with LG, instead of Samsung, due to concerns over leaking sensitive technical details to its biggest rival.More news: Carrizo Oil & Gas, Inc. (NASDAQ:CRZO) Experiences Heavy Trading Volume
LG has recently started its first OLED production for phones at its E5 plant in Gumi, North Gyeongsang Province. The Electronics firm is said to be working on a new plant in Paju, S. Korea for OLED panels and Apple is ready to pay them.
Apple is said to be speeding up the production process of the folding screens by investing in the construction of a new LG Display manufacturing facility, called E6. There still are years to go before we will see the foldable iPhone out in the wild. In fact, some might say that Ming-Chi Kuo knows Apple every move even before Apple decides what to do. Other info indicated that the Galaxy X (Samsung's foldable phone) will be manufactured in very limited quantities and be sold in Korean shores only. The Face ID, on the other hand, allows users to make payments using the Apple Pay.More news: Former World Best Player, George Weah, Wins Liberia Presidential Election
Samsung is expected to launch its first commercial foldable phone next year, after trailing two phones in 2016 under the Project Valley name.
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) Rating Increased to Hold at Vetr Inc
- Princess Nokia Pours Hot Soup On Subway Racist
- Shkodran Mustafi: Arsenal defender ruled out for up to six weeks
- Jamie Carragher's Premier League XI from the season so far
- First Industrial Realty Trust, (NYSE:FR) Sees Significantly Lower Trading Volume
- 'Akira' Remake Casting: Taika Waititi Confirms He Would Cast Asian Leads
- Tillerson Calls Turkish Foreign Minister Over Recent Detentions
- Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD) Upgraded to "Sell" at Vetr Inc
- Google Duo will soon be adding a screen sharing feature
- U.S. destroys relations with Moscow: Russia