Andrew Wiggins has signed a five-year contract extension with the Minnesota Timberwolves, the National Basketball Association club announced on Wednesday, tying down the 22-year-old forward through the 2022/23 campaign. The contract wasn't exactly mentioned but a five-year deal projected at around $146.5 million is expected.
The sides were on the verge of reaching a deal in August when Wiggins chose to part ways with agent Bill Duffy, who had represented him ever since he was drafted by Cleveland and traded to Minnesota in 2014.More news: Are Investors Shying Away from Alibaba Group Holding Limited (NYSE:BABA)?
The two sides were on the verge of reaching a deal in August when Wiggins chose to part ways with agent Bill Duffy, who had represented him ever since he was drafted out of Kansas in 2014. (That's virtually always the case anyways, one could argue, but it's especially true for players coming off of rookie contracts and signing their first extensions.) Very, very rarely are players stars when they're first eligible for a contract extension - and yes, Karl-Anthony Towns is absolutely the extension to the rule.
"He's never satisfied. He wants to get better", coach and president Tom Thibodeau said.More news: Amazon Alexa devices can finally tell voices apart
Minnesota owner Glen Taylor also wanted to sit down and meet with Wiggins to openly discuss their expectations and hopes for the Timberwolves' future. He's improved in each of his first three seasons in Minnesota, averaging 23.6 points per game previous year. We've had some good times over the last three seasons, but the best is yet to come.
Wiggins also noted "there's no rush to do it, yet". Embiid has to miss 25 or more regular-season games because of injuries in those areas, and play less than 1,650 minutes, for Philadelphia to have the option of releasing him for cost savings.More news: Commissioners Court: October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month in Hays County
Despite all of that, the contract is sure to be a polarizing one. Taylor made clear in August that he is counting on that. "We've got to be better. He's got to be better".
- Al Green Files Impeachment Articles Against President Trump
- California Wildfires Halt Production on Netflix's Drama '13 Reasons Why'
- Tyrese and the Rock at odds over 'Fast and Furious' spinoff
- Keys to Victory in New England Patriots' Week 6 Matchup
- Spirit Realty Capital, Inc. (NYSE:SRC) Experiences Heavier than Usual Trading Volume
- Why US officials fear North Korea could launch missile today
- GIC IPO subscribed 0.75 times
- Several trapped as residential building collapses in Kisii
- Analyst Upside Underscores Impressive Growth for Lloyds Banking Group plc (NYSE:LYG)
- Chico's FAS, Inc. (CHS) -General Review of Institutional Investors: Nutanix, Inc. (NTNX)