Her parents, Nupur and Rajesh Talwar, and their live-in domestic help Hemraj were believed to be in the house at the time of the murder.Another body: Hemraj, who was from Nepal and was missing at the time, was the immediate suspect.
A special CBI court in Ghaziabad had convicted the couple in the case on November 26, 2013, and awarded them life sentence the next day.
As per reports, the court is likely to re-evaluate the testimony of key witnesses after the defence had accused the prosecution of tutoring them.
Aarushi Talwar, 14, daughter of a dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur, is found dead with her throat slit in her bedroom at their Noida home. CBI also tells court that Aarushi and Hemraj were found in objectionable position.
May 18: Preliminary investigation for the situation proposed the killings were conducted with clinical precision and an inside activity was suspected.
In December 2010, CBI submitted a closure report on the grounds of "insufficient evidence".More news: Taylor Twellman Went On A Second Epic Rant On ESPN
Nov 26: The Talwar couple sentenced to life imprisonment in jail.
February 9: A special court dismissed the CBI conclusion report and ordered that the dental practitioner couple is striven for their daughter Aarushi's murder.
January 25: Rajesh Talwar was assaulted in the premises of Ghaziabad court.
The court, while giving away the verdict found the parents of the deceased guilty in the matter and thus gave away the punishment to the parents, despite opposition by family and friends.
"Freaks in history of mankind": Lal, while pronouncing the verdict, said Nupur and Rajesh Talwar were "freaks in the history of mankind, where the father and mother became the killer of their own progeny".
June 25: Nupur Talwar goes through the lie-detecting test as first was found inconclusive. Clean chit given to servants but fingers pointed at Talwars.More news: Trump says Iran deal decision coming 'very shortly'
It was initially suspected that Hemraj had killed Aarushi.
March 18: The Allahabad HC dismisses the Talwars' plea to quash the summons.
September 17, 2017: The Allahabad High Court keeps its judgement reserved in the Aarushi-Hemraj murder case.
January 11, 2017: Allahabad High Court reserves its judgment on the Talwar's appeal, challenging their conviction by a CBI court in Novemver 2013.
May 6: Trial court ordered to record Talwas' statements.
The nation is waiting for the verdict of the Allahabad High Court in the rare case that jolted the country.More news: New law to impose absolute price cap on poor value energy tariffs
- Sky takeover probe to focus on media plurality, broadcasting standards
- British Daesh recruiter 'White Widow' killed in drone strike in Syria
- Five Hollywood Studios On Board For Movies Anywhere Service
- Google removes Home Mini's touch functionality following privacy concerns
- Melania Trump takes dim view of Ivana Trump's 'I'm first lady' comment
- Body Cam Footage Shows Alex Morgan Arguing With Disney World Police
- EPS for Pilgrim's Pride Corporation (PPC) Expected At $0.71
- No Colombia pact, insists Peru's Tapia
- Spain Gives Catalonia A Deadline: Retract Independence Claim Or Else
- Nadal and Federer win in straight sets at Shanghai Masters