The court held that that Dr Rajesh and Nupur Talwar did not commit the murder of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj. Therefore, giving the benefit of doubt to the Talwars, the trial court judgment has been overruled, says Allahabad High Court.
A division bench comprising justices B K Narayana and A K Mishra allowed the appeals of the Talwars, holding that neither the circumstances nor the evidence on record established a chain showing their involvement in the murders of Aarushi and Hemraj.
In the year, 2013 Aarushi's parents Nupur Talwar and Rajesh Talwar, were convicted and were sentenced to life by a special CBI Court. Media reports said Rajesh Talwar hugged jail officials after hearing the verdict.More news: Lufthansa Set To Sign Air Berlin Deal
Aarushi was found dead inside her room in the Talwars' Noida residence with her throat slit in May 2008.
However, a day after Aarushi;s murder, Hemraj was found dead in the terrace.
The Allahabad High Court has acquitted the Talwars in the Aarushi murder case.
This allegation by the police made the Talwars and their family members angry, and they accused the police of putting false charges just because they were not able to solve the murder case. Nupur was recently out on parole for a few weeks following a High Court order on August 29, 2016. "I never said that it is based on the true Delhi incident", the filmmaker said in an interview.More news: Category 1 Hurricane Ophelia grows stronger in Atlantic Ocean
Aarushi was found murdered in her bedroom, following which Hemraj was initially a suspect.
After spending nearly two months in jail, Rajesh Talwar got bail on July 12, 2008.
"The court found no forensic or material evidence to prove that the Talwars had killed their daughter", Mir told reporters outside a packed courtroom in the northern city of Allahabad. The police was accused by many for not doing their investigation properly and they were even accused of tempering the evidences. Dr Rajesh Talwar is also convicted under section 203 IPC.
After the state police failed to crack the case, the then UP chief minister Mayawati recommended a CBI probe to resolve the murder mystery.More news: First Industrial Realty Trust, (NYSE:FR) Sees Significantly Lower Trading Volume
The CBI court, presided by Additional Sessions Judge Shyam Lal, had, however, rejected the CBI's plea for death penalty in 2014.
- Oculus Rift price cut to £399 for good
- Greek Court Agrees To Send Russian Cybersuspect Sought By US To Russia
- Amazon Now Letting Teens Use Their Own Accounts With Parental Consent
- Apple, NBC Partner For Spielberg's 'Amazing Stories'
- Former World Best Player, George Weah, Wins Liberia Presidential Election
- SL Green Realty Corp's (NYSE:SLG) Sentiment is 1.03
- Late-Night Hosts Mock Trump's "IQ Challenge" to Rex Tillerson
- Apple placing bets on LG's display for an upcoming foldable smartphone
- This actress to star opposite Hrithik, Tiger Shroff in Siddharth Anand's next
- Nokia 9 Renders Reveal Curved QHD Display, Narrow Bezels And Dual Cameras