Mahindra and Mahindra (M&M) has launched the 2017 Mahindra KUV100 NXT facelift in India at a lower-than-before price of Rs 4.39 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai) for the base K2 petrol variant and Rs 5.39 lakh for the base K2 diesel. "We have managed to successfully launch the New KUV100 within 21 months". The KUV100 petrol is powered by the mFalcon G80 1.2L 3-cylinder all-aluminium unit, which produces 83Ps of power and a peak torque of 115Nm and comes mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The grille has been tweaked and it is now flanked by new dual-barrel headlamps in almost the same profile. At the rear, the tailgate has been restyled and the same character line now engulfs the tail lamps. Despite the Maruti Ingis featuring an AMT transmission with both its petrol and diesel engines, the KUV100 NXT misses out on this opportunity in this update. Even the wipers have also been changed. The all-around cladding is new and looks more muscular than before, and it now rides on 15-inch dual-tone machine-cut alloys. The size of the vehicle is also been worked upon, and there is some slight increase in the length as well. "With its unique proposition, I firmly believe that the KUV100 NXT will reaffirm our customers' faith in Mahindra's abilities to create class-leading products", he said.
Two shades are added to the interiors of the vehicle with the lower-spec variants finished in grey and the higher versions in an all-black interior.More news: Iraqi VP warns of 'civil war' over Kurdish-held Kirkuk
In terms of equipment, this is the first time that Mahindra's rugged hatchback gets a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system loaded with GPS navigation with maps from MapmyIndia on the top-spec K8 variant.
Currently, Mahindra is the only manufacturer to offer electric cars in India, but the high price tags of the e2O hatchback and the eVerito sedan have been a major deterrent for buyers.More news: When are play-off round matches, and when is the draw?
Mahindra KUV100 is a six-seater, unlike the pre-facelift model that was available as five- or six-seater. The wiper also sports a different design than before.More news: Chinese Women Unrecognizable After Plastic Surgery; Detained At South Korea Immigration
- Delhi Metro fare hike disappointing: BJP MLAs
- Godhra carnage was not an act of terrorism: Gujarat HC judgement
- EPS for Eli Lilly and Co (LLY) Expected At $1.03
- Complete Analysis of: Annaly Capital Management, Inc. (NYSE:NLY)
- Comcast Corporation (CMCSA) — Stock Trending Alert
- This high-tech zebra crossing could save the lives of smartphone-gazing pedestrians
- Range Resources Corporation (NYSE:RRC) Valuation According To Analysts
- Project Loon to Help Restore Communication in Puerto Rico
- Rajkummar Rao : Nervous about romancing Aishwarya Rai!
- Doughboy Roc of Doughboyz Cashout shot and killed in Detroit