"Even healthy people get seriously ill from flu every year, but people who are very young, the elderly, pregnant women and people with certain underlying health problems are at high risk of serious flu complications". And it can be deadly. The infection transmission may last for a long period among the children, as well as people with immune deficiency.
Influenza can lead to pneumonia and blood infections. The symptoms of Influenza start to show two days after exposure to the virus: a cough, sore throat, runny nose or blockage, body and muscle aches, headaches, tiredness, vomiting and diarrhoea in some people and especially in children. "Immunity to influenza weakens over time and different flu virus strains generally circulate each year". It also helps to prevent spreading flu to your family and other people.More news: Karan Johar announces Ayan Mukerji's next 'Brahmastra'
Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases told CNN that "in general, we get in our season what the Southern Hemisphere got in the season immediately preceding us and an intelligent guess" is that North America will most likely have a bad flu season. Since, Oman is a semi-tropical country, seasonal flu viruses appear throughout the year. "CDC recommends everyone 6 months of age and older get vaccinated annually". About 5 percent to 20 percent of the USA population gets the flu each year.
The Sultanate has recorded 25 cases of deaths in 2015, six cases of deaths in 2016, and eight deaths in 2017, all linked to the flu and most of those cases were among the groups most at risk of high risk of complications due to Influenza.More news: Apple teams up with LG Display for foldable iPhone
The HHSA is sponsoring several free flu-shot clinics this month.
Flu shots are not ideal, but they are the best protection modern science has against the disease.More news: Cyber Honey Trap: Hackers Hit PornHub Users With Malvertising Attack
With the arrival of October marking the official start of flu season, health officials in parts of the United States are already reporting their first flu cases and encouraging the public to start receiving their flu shots.
- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie suspended after he leaves Giants
- Does NBC have a Harvey Weinstein protection problem?
- Intel works on "next stage" of quantum computing
- California DMV regs pave the way for public self-driving cars
- White House Aide Is Selected to Run Homeland Security Department
- Next Weeks Broker Price Targets For Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. (NYSE:CCE)
- Donald Trump will Visit the Demilitarized Zone between North and South Korea
- Boy Scouts of America announces it will allow girls to join
- Coach no more; NY company wants to be called Tapestry
- Football bet between husband and wife goes horribly wrong