Monday, 18 December 2017
Latest news
Main » Harvey Weinstein Addresses Georgina Chapman's Decision to Leave Him

Harvey Weinstein Addresses Georgina Chapman's Decision to Leave Him

12 October 2017

Weinstein took a leave of absence from his company on Friday, but on Sunday the board said that "in light of new information about misconduct by Harvey Weinstein that has emerged in the past few days", it had told him that "his employment is terminated, effective immediately".

Weinstein was sacked by the board of the Weinstein Co. on Monday following the explosive Times report.

Firth, who worked with Weinstein in 2011 on "The King's Speech" and won an Oscar for his performance, told the Guardian newspaper that the producer "was a powerful and frightening man to stand up to". "But I am not revealing any of that publicly because that's between you and me".

"It wouldn't stop. It was a nightmare", she added, revealing that she had felt forced to pretend she was enjoying the attack in hopes that it would be over with sooner. Separately, three women accused Weinstein of raping them in a story published online by The New Yorker, including the Italian actress Asia Argento and a woman who was an aspiring actress in college when she caught Weinstein's eye.

More news: Q2 2017 Sentiment Royal Caribbean Cruises LTD (NYSE:RCL)

The New Yorker story says 16 current and former employees as the Weinstein Co. and Miramax either witnessed of knew of Weinstein's sexual abuse.

Weinstein also donated to Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign.

"I'm sick - I need your advice".

In a statement last week, Weinstein said that "the way I've behaved with colleagues in the past has caused a lot of pain, and I sincerely apologize for it".

More news: Monmouth Real Estate Investment Corporation (NYSE:MNR) Upward Momentum Touches New Heights

"I was shocked and appalled by the revelations about Harvey Weinstein", Clinton said in a statement released by a spokesman, Nick Merrill. "She said it wasn't and wouldn't be for a bit and I should go to his room".

Less than a week after the New York Times article, the New Yorkeron Tuesday published the results of its own investigation into Weinstein's decades long history of sexual harassment. "That's why this story - in my case, it's 20 years old, some of them are old - has never come out".

"Any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr Weinstein", she said.

Weinstein has denied all charges, according to a statement from his spokeswoman Sallie Hofmeister, circulated among U.S. media. "Mr Weinstein has further confirmed that there were never any acts of retaliation against any women for refusing his advances. Mr Weinstein has begun counselling, has listened to the community and is pursuing a better path".

More news: Arby's to release venison sandwiches nationwide, test elk sandwiches

Harvey Weinstein Addresses Georgina Chapman's Decision to Leave Him