For it is they who have given these NFL players the freedom to play the game of football. "If there's anything that is disrespectful to the flag, then we will not play", Jones said after the Cowboys' 35-31 defeat to the Green Bay Packers. Surely, they have a right to protest, but not at their place of employment.
National Football League Players Association chief DeMaurice Smith hit back on Monday after fresh criticism of athletes who kneel or sit during the playing of the USA national anthem.
"No player is disrespecting our Country or our Flag. As thousands have shown in the past, it takes brave and courage to speak and confront these issues as our players have, especially when it is unpopular with some", Smith said.More news: Odell Beckham Jr. to get second opinion before surgery decision
Last month, Trump urged owners of NFL teams to fire any player that protested during the national anthem, a message which backfired when the numbers of players kneeling and linking arms increased.
"Understand? We will not ... if we are disrespecting the flag, then we will not play".
Trump said to Jones: "This could have all been resolved". Should we boycott the National Football League if a player is charged with domestic violence or arrested for drunk driving?More news: All Hellblade sale proceeds go to charity today for Mental Health Day
President Donald Trump told Dallas Cowboys general manager Jerry Jones he'd found a policy from the NFL that dictates players must stand for the national anthem, according to reports.
I feel I must respond to an article in Sunday's Times dated October 8 by Prentiss Smith.
However Trump stands accused of political grandstanding and wasteful spending of his own, after Vice President Mike Pence quickly left an Indiana Colts game after a few dozen players knelt during the Star Spangled Banner.More news: Liberians vote for president in high-stakes contest
Protest all you want, but do it somewhere else, not during the national anthem.
- Las Vegas concertgoers claim personal items left after massacre
- Kylie Jenner Fans Convinced She's Having Baby Boy After Snapchat Clue
- Giants' Odell Beckham Jr. to have season-ending surgery on fractured ankle
- Erdogan arrives in Belgrade for two-day visit
- Californians To Get More Information On Prescription Drug Prices
- No one objected to appointment of new Chairman NAB: Khursheed Shah
- U.S. oil export to India will increase jobs: Rick Perry
- Generation Passat 2017 In India At 29.99 Lakh
- YouTube bans bump stock videos after Las Vegas shooting
- Nokia announces job cuts, shuts OZO VR camera development