For it is they who have given these NFL players the freedom to play the game of football. "If there's anything that is disrespectful to the flag, then we will not play", Jones said after the Cowboys' 35-31 defeat to the Green Bay Packers. Surely, they have a right to protest, but not at their place of employment.
National Football League Players Association chief DeMaurice Smith hit back on Monday after fresh criticism of athletes who kneel or sit during the playing of the USA national anthem.
"No player is disrespecting our Country or our Flag. As thousands have shown in the past, it takes brave and courage to speak and confront these issues as our players have, especially when it is unpopular with some", Smith said.More news: Erdogan arrives in Belgrade for two-day visit
Last month, Trump urged owners of NFL teams to fire any player that protested during the national anthem, a message which backfired when the numbers of players kneeling and linking arms increased.
"Understand? We will not ... if we are disrespecting the flag, then we will not play".
Trump said to Jones: "This could have all been resolved". Should we boycott the National Football League if a player is charged with domestic violence or arrested for drunk driving?More news: YouTube bans bump stock videos after Las Vegas shooting
President Donald Trump told Dallas Cowboys general manager Jerry Jones he'd found a policy from the NFL that dictates players must stand for the national anthem, according to reports.
I feel I must respond to an article in Sunday's Times dated October 8 by Prentiss Smith.
However Trump stands accused of political grandstanding and wasteful spending of his own, after Vice President Mike Pence quickly left an Indiana Colts game after a few dozen players knelt during the Star Spangled Banner.More news: Las Vegas gunman shot security guard before massacre
Protest all you want, but do it somewhere else, not during the national anthem.
- Las Vegas Strip dims lights for 11 minutes to honor shooting victims
- No one objected to appointment of new Chairman NAB: Khursheed Shah
- Giants' Odell Beckham Jr. to have season-ending surgery on fractured ankle
- U.S. oil export to India will increase jobs: Rick Perry
- Twitter working on new bookmarking feature to save tweets
- Abbott Laboratories (NYSE:ABT): Institutional Investors Aren't Crazy About It
- Kylie Jenner Fans Convinced She's Having Baby Boy After Snapchat Clue
- Odell Beckham Jr. to get second opinion before surgery decision
- Tata Group chairman N Chandrasekaran says interested in bidding for Air India
- Nokia announces job cuts, shuts OZO VR camera development