While we all were waiting with cautious anticipation for the Star Wars trailer during tonight's installment of Monday Night Football, Sylvester Stallone made a decision to drop a bomb on the film world and announce something that he's been hinting about for a long time.More news: Students Fall Sick After Chemical Leak Near Shamli's Saraswati Shishu Mandir School
There are no further details on Creed 2 presently, but we'll keep you posted as news trickles in.
In 2015, Coogler picked up a script by Aaron Covington and sought permission from Stallone to continue Rocky's legacy, this time focusing on the son of his former foe Apollo Creed.More news: Seohyun, Tiffany and Sooyoung to leave Girls' Generation?
Stallone co-produced the first "Creed" movie which released in 2015. Stallone was nominated for the Academy Award for best supporting actor and won the Golden Globe Award in the same category. He was previously nominated in 1977 in the Best Original Screenplay and Best Actor categories for playing Rocky Balboa, a role that helped him become an global action star.
Creed 2 is set to start filming next year and will also feature Dolph Lundgren returning in his role of Russian boxer Drago from Rocky IV. He will next be seen in Steven C Miller's action film "Escape Plan 2: Hades".More news: American Water Works Company Inc (AWK) Shares Bought by Suntrust Banks Inc
Stallone, who previously teased the possibility of a sequel on social media, has confirmed he will be helming the film, not Coogler who is now in post-production on Marvel movie "Black Panther", in a post on Instagram he uploaded on Monday.
- The poles prayed EN masse on the borders
- Stocks Views And Recommendations: VIVUS, Inc. (VVUS), Regal Entertainment Group (RGC)
- When Nirmla Sitharaman taught Chinese soldiers Hindi at Nathu La
- Texas Tech University police officer shot and killed
- RSI Oversold/Overbought Signals to Track: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMD)
- Aramco inaugurates New Delhi office to support Saudi oil investments
- WaPo: Russian Lawyer Asked To Bring Lobbyist To Meeting With Trump Jr
- Cahill scores extra-time victor to keep Australia alive
- Featured Stock to Focus: NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA)
- Download iTunes 12.6.3 for Windows & Mac with Built-in App Store