The leakage is suspected to have come from a nearby mill.
A dozen students in serious condition were referred to Muzaffarnagar and Meerut hospitals.
Meanwhile, doctors have said that no child is serious and adequate medical assistance were provided to them. The children were rushed to hospital after they complained of vomiting, nausea, itching and tears in the eyes. The anxious parents and relatives of children rushed towards the school and people gathered outside hospitals to know about the wellbeing of their wards.More news: Shakira, Gerard Pique Hit With Split Rumors
"The CM has ordered a probe into the Shamli incident by Commissioner Shaharanpur and directed the DM and all local officers to provide all possible help to the affected children", said Awanish Awasthi, Principal Secretary, Information.
"Later the students were taken to different hospitals where a lot of them have been discharged and 4-5 students are on drip and will be discharged soon".
The students, who are admitted, belonged to Saraswati Vidya Mandir and Saraswarti Vidya High School.More news: Much needed rain coming to the Valley
A waste from a sugar factory is dumped at a site not far from the school, said parents. "Something might have happened during the cleaning process".
Parents also staged a protest against the carelessness of the sugar mill in disposing of its wastage and demanded action against the sugar mill administrators.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has ordered a probe into the matter by Commissioner Saharanpur.More news: Russian fighter jet crashes in Syria, killing all aboard
The sugar mill, which emitted the deadly chemical, has, meanwhile, been sealed by the authorities.
- Trump laments tax break for National Football League over players' dishonour of flag
- U.S. oil export to India will increase jobs: Rick Perry
- GE is sliding after an activist investor lands a board seat
- The poles prayed EN masse on the borders
- WaPo: Russian Lawyer Asked To Bring Lobbyist To Meeting With Trump Jr
- Seohyun, Tiffany and Sooyoung to leave Girls' Generation?
- This Weeks Target Prices For Walt Disney Company (The) (NYSE:DIS)
- Microsoft, GE sign pact on new wind project in Ireland
- Warrant Obtained For Deandre Harris, Black Man Filmed Beaten In Charlottesville Riot
- Featured Stock to Focus: NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA)