Since they debuted as a nine-member group in 2007, Girls' Generation have released a number of hits and been considered one of the best acts on the Korean music scene.
According to media reports, California-born-and-raised Tiffany is expected to pursue her studies in the USA, while Seohyun and Sooyoung will pursue acting careers following their split from the agency.More news: Gunmen kill Kenya university staff members
Girls' Generation performs on stage during a 10th anniversary fan meet-and-greet held on August 5, 2017, at Seoul's Olympic Park. After long discussions with the agency about their contracts, the three members have decided not to re-sign with the company. Following Seohyun, Sooyoung and Tiffany's departures from the agency, there were speculations that the group would disband.
"Girls' Generation is a very precious and significant group to S.M. and its fans. We're not thinking about dismantling the group", it said. "Following the three members" exit, rumours of disbandment undoubtedly started circulating among the fans.
Sources say that the trio quit as Tiffany will be pursuing her education in the United States, while Sooyoung and Seohyun will be pursuing their acting careers. "The members thought a lot about their contract renewals". When Jessica left in 2014 they continued with eight members.More news: Trump challenges Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to 'compare IQ tests'
SM Entertainment also manages other popular groups such as Super Junior and Shinee.
Along with group activities, members Taeyeon, Tiffany, Seohyun and Hyoyeon have also made headway in their solo careers, while other members have appeared on the small screen and on variety shows, contributing to the longevity of the group.More news: No one objected to appointment of new Chairman NAB: Khursheed Shah
- GE is sliding after an activist investor lands a board seat
- De Gea on shortlist for 2017 Ballon d'Or
- Microsoft, GE sign pact on new wind project in Ireland
- Serena Williams set to make comeback at Australian Open
- Cahill scores extra-time victor to keep Australia alive
- Warrant Obtained For Deandre Harris, Black Man Filmed Beaten In Charlottesville Riot
- Trump Claims ESPN's Ratings Have 'Tanked' Because of Jemele Hill
- Las Vegas concertgoers claim personal items left after massacre
- Stock On Top of Chikou Southcross Energy Partners L (SXE) — Momentum Focus
- Generation Passat 2017 In India At 29.99 Lakh