This is a "there's a truck load of stuff that can not be taken to people" story.
Damaged roadways and the lack of transportation also make it harder to move patients around or get them to the facilities where they can be treated.
Puerto Ricans were among those to join the condemnation of the US President, suggesting he had treated them like animals.
"They were hit with a Category Five hurricane and you're handing out paper towels?" and incredulous Meyers asked.More news: Investors Buy United Parcel Service, Inc. (UPS) on Weakness
The comments drew nearly immediate backlash on Twitter, especially after Mr. Trump has already criticized the island for being in debt and unprepared to manage the fallout from the storm.
Not surprisingly, singer Marc Anthony, whose parents are Puerto Rican, tweeted on September 25, "Mr. President shut the [expletive] up about NFL".
The President then landed in Puerto Rico and even met Cruz.
"That is what we do in America".More news: Melania Trump fan spends $50000 to look like First Lady
Puerto Rico is dealing with an immediate humanitarian disaster made worse by the long-term debt crisis that led it to declare a form of bankruptcy this year.
Trump not only visited Puerto Rico much later than Texas and Florida after their hurricanes, but he took many more days to waive the Jones Act for Puerto Rico.
Carrying signs that read "Relieve and Rebuild", community leaders and organizations including Vamos4PR marched outside of Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, which organizers called a major contributor to the island's debt. Last month, the bonds were trading at around 56 cents to the dollar.
Tuesday's five-hour presidential trip to San Juan came two weeks after Hurricane Maria devastated the island, and followed complaints that the U.S. government's handling of the storm's aftermath was too slow. He actually congratulated Puerto Ricans for having only 16 deaths!More news: Atwood Oceanics, Inc. (ATW), Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY)
"If you look at a real catastrophe like Katrina (2005 in New Orleans) and you look at the tremendous hundreds and hundreds of people that died and what happened here with a storm that was just totally overbearing". Sunny Hostin cut in, referring to Trump tossing out rolls of paper towels to crowds of desperate citizens.
- 'Bump Stock' Company Suspends Sales In Wake Of Las Vegas Shooting
- Investor's Watch: Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO)
- Featured Stock for Investors: Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (VRX)
- Stifel Nicolaus Cuts Rating On Republic Services, Inc. (RSG) To "Hold"
- Revenue Approximations Analysis: Opko Health, Inc. (OPK), United Continental Holdings, Inc. (UAL)
- Facebook tests desktop chat apps
- Spain vs Albania World Cup Qualifying UEFA Live Streaming
- Trump Heads to Las Vegas to Pay His Respects After Shooting
- Sarah Sanders gets emotional about Las Vegas but dismisses gun control talk
- Samsung Earned $110 on every iPhone X sold