The campaign raised $233,000 from the #PuberMe tweets, Colbert announced Thursday on "The Late Show". For every famous face who made a decision to play along, Colbert's Americone Dream Fund donated $1,000 to One America Appeal and Kroll, his Netflix series "Big Mouth" and CBS matched him.
"Wait a minute, Stephen", he said.
"Yes", Colbert agreed, "If the devil was nice, that's how much he'd give".More news: MSUPD, ELPD received threats against athletics, city says
The Americone Dream Fund the made an additional donation of $266,000 for all the "non-celebrities" who also shared their puberty photos for the cause, (Kroll three in another $67,000) bringing it to a total of $999,000.
Not to be outdone, Kroll offered an additional $67,000 from "Big Mouth", joking that he had "sold a kidney" to garner the extra funds. The song just dropped to support Puerto Rico relief, with all proceeds going to donations for the Hispanic Federation. A shame, really, that they didn't have one more awkward celebrity offering to make it an even $1 million.
Then, Broadway heartthrob Lin-Manuel Miranda of the hit musical "Hamilton" leaped onto the stage.More news: Las Vegas victim's father memorializes son in emotional Facebook post
Thanks to an online campaign created by comedian and talk show host Stephen Colbert, social media was flooded with awkward photos of celebrities in their teen years - and the pictures managed to raise $1 million.
Miranda didn't just come to share an awesome video of him as an awkward teenager singing a self-made song about how much he loves Puerto Rico, though.
The campaign ended October 5, with a total of $1 million raised.More news: Photronics, Inc. (NASDAQ:PLAB) Quarterly Analysis
- Investors Buy United Parcel Service, Inc. (UPS) on Weakness
- Astros put Red Sox in big hole after Sale destruction
- Three men charged with plotting NY attacks for Islamic State
- Atwood Oceanics, Inc. (ATW), Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY)
- Samsung Earned $110 on every iPhone X sold
- Barnes & Noble, Inc. (BKS), Brookdale Senior Living Inc. (BKD)
- Revenue Approximations Analysis: Opko Health, Inc. (OPK), United Continental Holdings, Inc. (UAL)
- Las Vegas gunman scouted venues in Boston, Chicago, investigators say
- Trump Heads to Las Vegas to Pay His Respects After Shooting
- Investor's Watch: Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO)