According to law enforcement sources, Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock booked out hotel rooms overlooking the Lollapalooza music festival back in August. Lollapalooza Chicago took place just across the street from the Blackstone Hotel in Grant Park and welcomed 400,000 people, including former first daughters Malia and Sasha Obama. His rooms at the Blackstone Hotel faced the park and were booked for Aug. 1 through Aug. 6 and Aug. 3 through Aug. 6, respectively, according to TMZ..
Stephen Paddock, the 64-year-old man from Mesquite, Nevada, who shot and killed 58 people and injured 500 more, was scouting both Chicago and Boston, NBC reported. If the killer had put his plan into execution, the shooting would no doubt have been even more deadly: the location of the scenes would have made it hard to leak to the public, and it is also significantly more numerous than in Las Vegas.
Investigators are still searching for a motive behind the attack, and are trying to determine why Paddock researched locations in Boston and Chicago, according to NBC News.More news: Patriots hold off Bucs for a 19-14 win
Las Vegas police said Paddock rented hotel rooms near a concert featuring Chance the Rapper in Las Vegas about a week before the mass shooting, which occurred farther down the strip.
Also, the weekend before the Las Vegas bloodbath, Paddock had rented a high-rise condo in a Las Vegas building that overlooked the Life is lovely alternative music festival, Sheriff Joseph Lombardo said Tuesday.
Earlier Wednesday, the lawyer for Paddock's girlfriend, Marilou Danley, said Danley had no idea Paddock was planning any violence. He booked another room on August 3 at the Blackstone. "You've got to make the assumption he had to have some help at some point".
It is not known if Paddock actually traveled to Chicago or what other hotels he booked.More news: Trump off the mark on Puerto Rico hurricane
In comparison, around 22,000 were at the Route 91 Country music festival when the terrorist began his attack.
If the man chose to open fire then, more than 400,000 concertgoers could have fallen victim to Paddock's armed attack.
Thousands crowd into Grant Park for day three of Lollapalooza, Saturday, Aug. 5, 2017.More news: Manikay Partners Lowered Nxp Semiconductors NV (NXPI) Position; CONCERT PHARMACEUTICALS (CNCE) Has
- Cigna Drops Coverage on OxyContin
- U.S. calls for stricter gun regulations after Vegas shooting
- Spain vs Albania World Cup Qualifying UEFA Live Streaming
- Drawing Attention Towards Extraction Oil & Gas, Inc. (:XOG), What Are Analysts Predicting?
- Las Vegas PD: Paddock spent decades acquiring ammo, lived secret life
- FEMA Deletes Information About Lack of Water and Electricity in Puerto Rico
- Vettel gets better of Hamilton as rain hits Japan first practice
- Vettel lays down early marker for Japan Formula One GP
- General Mills, Inc. (GIS) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Goldman Sachs Group, Inc
- Stock to Keep Your Eyes on: ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Inc. (ACAD)