Amazon Studios has just released the first trailer for their upcoming sci-fi anthology series Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams, based on a collection of writings from the revered author (who also penned Minority Report, Blade Runner, The Man in the High Castle, and many more).More news: Taylor Swift 'Idolized' Tom Petty's Songwriting - Read Her Touching Statement
Deadline was the first outlet to post the trailer, which depicts scenes from Dick's stories "Human Is", featuring Cranston in starring role, as well as early looks at Terrence Howard and Anna Paquin in "Real Life", Steve Buscemi in "Crazy Diamond", Richard Madden and Holliday Grainger in "The Hood Maker", Greg Kinnear in "Father Thing", Timothy Spall in "The Commuter", and Janelle Monae in "Autofac". It looks like the best dark science fiction since Black Mirror. Dick, whose work was the basis for Blade Runner, Total Recall, and Minority Report, published 44 novels and 121 short stories in his lifetime, often addressing social and political themes, which makes them flawless fodder for an anthology.More news: Texas Instruments Incorporated (NASDAQ:TXN): Underpriced by 1.2%
Similar in vein to Charlie Brooker's Black Mirror, Electric Dreams will feature a different writer, director, and cast amid a variety of different narratives, primarily from stories Dick that were published throughout the mid '50s. This looks like it could be the type of smart, soul-searching sci-fi that can often seem like it's in short supply. Michael dinner (Justified) and David Farr (The Night Manager), among others. With 10 standalone episodes and a sweeping all-star cast, each epic story will explore fantasy, humanity, and a future we've only begun to imagine. His daughter, Isa Dick Hackett, said she saw his short stories as hidden gems within his back catalog, and that they encouraged the writers for each episode to approach adapting the stories in ways that spoke to them the most.More news: Why Investors remained confident on Tronox Limited (TROX), JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM)?
Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams will premiere on Amazon Prime in 2018.
- Flinton Capital Management LLC Acquires 43440 Shares of Micron Technology, Inc. (MU)
- A Look into Royal Dutch Shell plc (R6C.DE)'s Recent Activity
- Getty Realty Corporation (NYSE:GTY) Sees Unusual Trading Volume in Its Shares
- Twitter, Inc. (TWTR), Whiting Petroleum Corporation (WLL)
- RIP Windows 10 Mobile: HP Will No Longer Make Windows Phones
- Anti-dumping duties against Bombardier for CSeries expected today
- Woman's brilliant revenge on catcalling men
- Trading Statistics of Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd. (TRQ)
- Buffington Mohr McNeal Has $821000 Position in Amazon.com, Inc
- Chelsea and Spurs ready for January battle over England worldwide