A 33-year-old BSF constable, Mohammed Ramzan Parray, was gunned down by terrorists in cold blood in North Kashmir today. He belonged to 73 battalion of BSF deployed in neighbouring Baramulla.
On May 9 this year, an Army officer from Kashmir, Lieutenant Umer Fayaz, was abducted and shot dead by militants in Shopian district where he had gone to attend the wedding of a relative.More news: President to rally for GOP tax plan
Parrey, according to family members, was on leave.
Senior Superintendent of Police Bandipora Zulifikar Azad said militants barged into house of BSF man and resorted to indiscriminate fire killing him and injuring his three family members including aunt, who is critical. "They threatened and thrashed most of the family members including Parrey", family members said. The trio have been shifted to a Srinagar hospital for treatment. The terrorists then left the house and came back again.More news: Where Is Hurricane Lee Going And When Will It Hit?
Sources from the BSF said two advisories were issued in the past few months regarding threat to Kashmiri serving personnel to take precaution while going home.
His death, particularly the brutal nature of it had shaken the Valley.More news: Latest Need for Speed Payback Trailer Welcomes You to Fortune Valley
- IShares MSCI Taiwan Index (EWT) Shares Bought by Global Endowment Management LP
- Michelle Obama Gets Real About Women Who Voted For Donald Trump
- Electricity generated from evaporation could power 'most of the United States'
- How Does Evolent Health, Inc. (EVH) Stack Up Right Now?
- German FDP reject Macron's call to create joint euro zone budget
- Telangana bags 8 National Tourism Awards
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan wants Armenian fans' support against CSKA
- Top US general recommends not kicking out transgender troops
- Trump Calls Facebook 'Anti-Trump' After It Aids Russia Probe
- Air Prods & Chems INC (APD) Holder Luminus Management LLC Has Cut Position