"Given the devastation, we need to help Puerto Rico with contributions", Lopez said at the news conference. But the electric grid on the US territory was already in bad shape because of a lack of maintenance and loss of staff after the state-owned power authority declared bankruptcy, and there is no telling when power will be restored.
Some 70,000 people have been ordered to evacuate their homes after a rain-swollen dam in Puerto Rico failed in the latest disaster caused by Hurricane Maria, which was on Saturday expected to head into open waters.More news: Russian husband and wife duo suspected of killing 30 people and cannibalism
Cuomo said the federal government isn't doing enough to help Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.
Jennifer Lopez let her big heart show on Sunday when she pledged a $1 million donation to the relief effort in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria ravaged the Caribbean island. I will always be New Yorker but I cannot put into words what it meant for me to see that the people of New York City are helping us, "he said in appreciation of Governor Andrew Cuomo". Furthermore, she is also trying to find the best way to help the people who survived urging to support and donate what they can. She said: "Alex Rodriguez and I are utilizing all of our resources and relationships in entertainment, sports, and business to garner support". "I can't deny that the Puerto Rico of now is different from that of a week ago".
"We were able to collect $67,000", said co-chair Cristina Pacione-Zayas. In light of Hurricane Maria, Jennifer Lopez is not the only one providing help.More news: Jennifer Lopez to donate $1 million to Puerto Rico hurricane relief
Pacione-Zayas blamed the widespread power outages and lack of phone service in Puerto Rico on the USA commonwealth's financial crisis, which has made handling the storm more hard.More news: The Evil Within Creator Wants Sequel To Release On Nintendo Switch
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Trailer: The Bellas Take One Last Curtain Call
- Courtois says Chelsea are hitting form at the right time
- Treatment restores signs of awareness in brain-injured Patient
- Trump Questions Nuclear Deal After Iran Tests New Ballistic Missile
- EU's Barnier says no Brexit transition talks until deal on divorce
- Snake handler found dead next to his pet python
- Republicans moves to save Graham-Cassidy healthcare bill
- Lankford Unveils Legislation to Address DACA Recipients' Legal Status
- Brokerages Set $28.67 Price Target for Aerojet Rocketdyne Holdings, Inc. (AJRD)
- Terrance Williams, Orlando Scandrick in for Cowboys, 7 players inactive