Indore: He has become the cynosure of all eyes with his six-hitting prowess but Hardik Pandya has said that it's not a skill he has developed overnight as he has been clearing the ropes easily since childhood.
TEAM INDIA took an unassailable 3-0 lead against Australia in the five-match ODI series by winning the third ODI at Holkar cricket stadium by five wickets. "I mean you can't score everyday but yeah, backing yourself is pretty important", he pointed out. His 83 in the Chennai ODI and his magnificent stand with MS Dhoni ensured India reached a formidable total.More news: Some in National Football League set to move past Trump-prodded anthem displays
Back in 2008-2009, India won nine consecutive ODIs as Dhoni went past Kapil Dev, Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid to set the record for most successive ODI wins as India captain. Having taken the team to a semblance of safety, Pandya seized the moment and smashed three big sixes and a boundary off wrist spinner Adam Zampa in the 37th over. A really explosive all-rounder is what we were missing and he is giving us that balance. For the second time in a week, albeit in contrasting situations, Pandya tormented an Aussie spinner with his ability to heave the ball into the stands. We have been wanting a guy like that for the past five, six years.
"It is not about one way that he wants to play".More news: Protesters Dragged Away by Police at Graham-Cassidy Healthcare Bill Hearing
"And I used to hit sixes before too, it's just that I am hitting them at a higher level now". Rather than seeing this as a challenge, I see this as an opportunity to do something nice for the team. If I feel like, I go for it. I played well in the IPL before that. He (Pandya) is a star, has the ability with the ball, bat and the field. It's pretty important that I read the game.
Courtesy a solid foundation laid by the openers - Ajinkya Rahane and Rohit Sharma - India had cruised to 147 for 2 in 23.3 overs when Pandya walked out to bat. "The shots which they played were outstanding". Are you good enough to bat when you go in first over or are you good enough to go in first ball after lunch? People on social media were right as Holding is said to have one a smooth action, which had earned him the name whispering death as well. "I believe Ranji Trophy should be given as much importance, playing for states should be important". Last year's IPL wasn't great for me, so I worked hard, and the form came back. Given the way things have panned out in the series, there is every possible chance for the Indians to notch a 5-0 win.More news: WWE 2K18 also on the way to PC
- Linux distributor Red Hat beats profit estimate, raises forecasts
- Where Is Cavani? Thiago Silva's Birthday Picture Takes Social Media By Storm
- Antonio Conte tells Alvaro Morata: You must improve this at Chelsea
- Alejandro Villanueva's jersey becomes best seller in National Football League after anthem stance
- North Korea moving airplanes, boosting defence after USA bomber flight, reports Yonhap
- Steelers Surprised By Alejandro Villanueva's Appearance During Anthem
- Microsoft Integrates LinkedIn and Office 365 at Ignite Conference
- Valero Energy Corporation (VLO) — Recommendation Trends
- Ben Roethlisberger regrets Steelers' decision to miss national anthem
- Chelsea and Atletico agree £57m fee for Diego Costa