Much more mild conditions will be in place by Tuesday, with highs in the low 70s. Indianapolis officially recorded 91 degrees this afternoon, keeping the record of 94 set in 2010 still standing. Temperatures will stay well above normal as I just mentioned, forecasts are trending in the upper 80s to near 90 degrees for the next two days. This marks the 12th time the city has reached the 90s all year and the 4th day in a row.
Cooler weather is expected Wednesday with more seasonal temperatures moving in on Thursday. The low temperature will dip to around 38 degrees. The record for Sunday is 92° set in 2007. And it's 24 degrees higher than the average.More news: Anthony Weiner Could Be Cooked: Sentencing in Teen Texting Trial Today
A cold front is stalled out in western Iowa on Monday bringing continued southern flow of hot, moist air but eventually cooler air will start to dominate after this front moves through.
Heading into the first weekend of October, a reinforcing shot of cooler air will move into the Valley. Saturday's low temperature of 72 degrees was also the highest low temperature Chicago's ever seen on September 23. A few isolated showers and storms will also be possible, especially across southwest Alabama.More news: Trump Issues Travel Restrictions on North Korea, Venezuela in Expanded Ban
Temperatures will be running well BELOW average by Friday, as temperatures struggle to climb into the upper 60s!More news: 999 for Select Customers
- US Doesn't See IPOB as Terrorist Group - US Govt
- Japan's PM Shinzo Abe calls snap election
- Aaron Finch could return for Australia in must-win ODI against India
- Fire Emblem Warriors DLC and Season Pass Announced
- Broncos take big stumble in first road test of season
- First Attack on Titan 2 Screenshots Released
- NBA, NFL hit back after Trump tirade
- Michael Jordan Issues Statement on Trump Comments
- Microsoft sparks up Ignite conference with new Azure and Office 365 features
- IPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus: Unboxing + comparison photos