Force India driver Sergio Perez has donated three million Mexican pesos to an natural disaster fund for his home country of Mexico, which has been devastated by two massive quakes this month.
Buildings have been reduced to rubble in Mexico City, while many have been killed in the surrounding areas, following the country's deadliest quake in more than three decades.More news: North Korea threat set to top agenda of United Nations general assembly
Perez - who recently agreed a new contract with Force India for 2018 - also confirmed that Mexican business magnate Carlos Slim will provide monetary backing as well.
"I'm deeply concerned about what my country is living", said Perez, 27.More news: Resident Evil 7 Not A Hero Gameplay Trailer Released
This year's Mexican Grand Prix at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez is set to take place on the 27th to the 29th October.More news: The iPhone X and Digital Lighting Will Change Photography Yet Again
- Did Sean Spicer Keep Emmys Appearance Secret by Traveling in Disguise?
- Modesto boy suspended for making 'terroristic threats'
- High Court hears Malcolm Roberts emailed wrong addresses to renounce dual citizenship
- Ivanka Trump felt postpartum depression hindered her 'potential' as a parent
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock: iPhone X Recap
- Bite force research reveals dinosaur-eating frog
- Fed quietly opens the final chapter of its crisis-era bonds policy
- Celtic's Jozo Simunovic and Moussa Dembele expected to be ready for Rangers
- Trump Approval Rises in Another New Poll
- Slightly Mad Studios Reveals Project Cars 2 Release Trailer