India have some quality seamers as well.
He also appreciated Hardik Pandya and Dhoni's performance in the game last night and said their 118-run partnership turned things around for India though the bowlers did the job of suppressing the Australian batsmen. So as I said, a bad ball can sometimes be your best way out and just getting the wicket, that's your job as a spinner in the middle overs.
Smith insisted there were no surprises in the game, as Australia had prepared for all challenges.More news: Ambassador Nikki Haley says Trump doesn't want war with North Korea
"It wasn't any surprise to us".
Pandya took a special liking to Adam Zampa's leg-spin as he smashed the bowler for a four and three successive sixes in an over to bring up his third ODI fifty.
Dhoni, who has captained the successful Chennai franchise in the Indian Premier League Twenty20 tournament, then made his innings count along with Pandya for company. In the aftermath of that 26-run defeat, captain Steven Smith admitted that his lead spinner may have bowled a bit too full.More news: Brighton Complete Permanent Signing Of Tim Krul
There was more drama upon the resumption; no runs were conceded from the free hit and Bhuvneshwar Kumar skied the next ball high towards cover where Smith, like he had for Pandya's reprieve, ran back to try and take the catch. They asked to first get the spelling right before making a remark on Indian cricketer. "He was bowling very full and Hardik looked like hitting every one of those for six", said Smith.
Yuzvendra Chahal the Indian leg-spinner feels that playing under Virat Kohli who is known as an aggressive player as well as an aggressive skipper helped him to do well under pressure. But I think it was raining pretty hard at that point when we were off. When it comes to bowling as well, Stokes and Pandya, both pacers, are used as wicket-taking options and they more often than not deliver on the field.
There seemed to be quite a big confusion going on at the Eden Gardens when Hardik Pandya mistimed his shot to strike a waist-high full toss delivery from Kane Richardson and thereby found Steve Smith at covers, during the second one-day global match between India and Australia in Kolkata.More news: Neymar behaved like a child, Forlan says
- Tony Abbott 'headbutted by Yes campaigner'
- Sonia Gandhi asked PM Modi to pass Women Reservation Bill in Parliament
- Elisabeth Moss Drops Two F-Bombs During Emmys Acceptance Speech!
- North Korea launches missile over Japan
- Exclusive reveals Newcastle, Chelsea and Manchester United broke pledge to disabled fans
- SuperTrend Spotted Above Stock Price for Graham Holdings Co (GHC) — Signal Focus
- Theresa May chairs Cabinet meeting ahead of Brexit speech
- Canadians impacted by Equifax data breach
- 'Big Brother' 19: Cody Serves As Deciding Vote In Paul's Loss
- Whiting Petroleum Corporation (WLL) PT Lowered to $7.00