"Everybody does. It's not how you start, it's how you finish, so if I can finish strong, open up some eyes, maybe, and hopefully I get the chance to come back here". "I don't see it trending any other way right now".
In 88 starts with the Jays, the right-hander owns a 3.81 ERA and has struck out 466 batters in 533.2 innings. "I figured they'd probably have much more reason to have it than I do". "I've expressed a lot that I'm really happy here and I'd like to stay, and I guess today is a sign of that if I wasn't traded".
Roberto Osuna worked the ninth for his 37th save.More news: Traders Buy Shares of Honeywell International Inc. (HON) on Weakness
Royals starter Ian Kennedy (4-12) allowed two runs, three hits and no walks while striking out two in five-plus innings.
"I'm going to give it to Cooperstown", Gordon said. "He did a good piece of hitting with two strikes". The Royals have started an 11-game road trip 1-4. "I'm hoping to come back". "I guess the best-case scenario after that is what happened". Kendrys Morales, who the Blue Jays signed to help replace Encarnacion's numbers, has 27 homers. Barney smashed his fifth homer of the season on an 0-2 offering with none out, sending Kennedy out of the game after only 63 pitches and three hits.
Royals C Salvador Perez broke his bat on a second-inning foul ball and was left with just the handle as the barrel flew into the stands behind the third base camera well.More news: Who Plays Thursday Night Football This Week?
Toronto answered in the bottom half as Martin's double scored pinch-runner Rob Refsnyder and Kevin Pillar. Russell Martin hit a two-run double off Scott Alexander and Barney greeted Brandon Maurer with an RBI single.
The deal is expected to include one guaranteed year, according to Jon Morosi of MLB Network, who first reported the deal was in the works on Twitter shortly after Toronto's 5-2 win over the Kansas City Royals on Tuesday night.
Anderson left his start Thursday at Minnesota after 4 1/3 innings because a blister was developing on his left index finger, but barring a setback, he is on target to make the start Wednesday.More news: Fayez Sarofim & Company Raised Its Position in Americanexpressco (AXP) as Stock Declined
Get prep sports breaking news alerts from the Gwinnett Daily Post staff delivered to your email.
- Analyst's Predictions on Wells Fargo & Company (WFC), Mattel, Inc. (MAT)
- Dramatic Photos: Hurricane Maria Batters Caribbean
- Two top Equifax executives are out
- National CineMedia, Inc. (NASDAQ:NCMI) shows Price to Sale ratio of 0
- Swiss soil being used by terrorists against Pakistan
- NJ Gov. Christie opposes GOP Senate health plan
- United Continental Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:UAL) has industry P/E ratio of 12.62
- California Attorney General Visits San Diego To Announce Border Wall Lawsuit
- Young Yankees fan taken to hospital after being hit by ball
- Ivanka Trump on postpartum depression