Moussa Dembele also sat out Dens Park demolition just days after scoring in his injury comeback against Ross County.
But Rodgers remains in no doubt that his return to full match fitness is only a matter of time - with resolving the player's future now top of his in-tray.
Meanwhile, Rodgers has also praised the contribution of James Forrest.More news: Fed quietly opens the final chapter of its crisis-era bonds policy
"Firstly, defensively, he's working very hard and his pressing and tactical ideas about the game are improving".
"They have all come in and settled in fine and been really good".
It was the third consecutive domestic match in which Celtic have scored four goals and Rodgers enthused about their performance, saying that they were able to rest in possession and then unpick Dundee with speed and technique.More news: Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock: iPhone X Recap
Brendan Rodgers has constantly tinkered with his formation so far this season, which leaves some question marks remaining over his team selection for the Old-Firm derby at Ibrox on Saturday.
And Rodgers was satisfied that such was the dominant nature of Celtic's display that they could afford to take a breather when they had the ball.
"He has great quality in both feet, his first goal, he comes on the inside and finishes really well and the second one he moves in off the line, Odsonne (Eduard) plays him a nice little pass early and he works his feet and gets his shot off". We should have had a free kick but there was no clear advantage and Celtic quickly got men behind the ball and broke for their goal. Sometimes when you have midweek games, you play and then recover and don't do a lot of physical work in between.
"We go into the game and our plan is always to win". What we did very well tonight was we had a rest with the ball.More news: Intel shows off 10nm Cannon Lake CPU, declaring Moore's Law isn't dead
- Abdel Fattah al-Sisi meets with Bibi in NY
- Elisabeth Moss Drops Two F-Bombs During Emmys Acceptance Speech!
- Wall St. closes slightly higher after Fed policy decisions
- Principal Financial Group Inc. Boosts Position in Centene Corporation (NYSE:CNC)
- Trump Approval Rises in Another New Poll
- NCLAT allows Cyrus Mistry to file case against Tata Sons
- Did Sean Spicer Keep Emmys Appearance Secret by Traveling in Disguise?
- Ivanka Trump felt postpartum depression hindered her 'potential' as a parent
- North Korea in outrageous Trump 'barking dog' threat as WW3 tensions ESCALATE
- Waymo Pegs Uber Trade Secret Theft Harm At $2.6B