Ready for an early season nor'easter? Nantucket may end up with the strongest winds and heaviest rain in all of New England by the time the storm is away on Thursday, with winds gusting up to or over 60 miles per hour there.
"Total rain amounts will be 10-30 mm mostly across southern Nova Scotia", he said. Computer models suggest the high pressure area will expand once Jose moves out to sea and the old frontal boundary to the west weakens and perhaps disappears.More news: Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM) reported Sales of 237.06 Billion
Minor roadway flooding has been reported in the coastal towns, but the main story has been beach erosion, unsafe surf, and damage to a fishing pier in Belmar's Monmouth County. Combine a 1-2 ft. storm surge with high astronomical tides and you have a classic recipe for some coastal flooding and significant beach erosion. Nantucket Harbor will likely bear the brunt of the flooding, with widespread moderate flooding there.
However, Farnell says he expects some showers to hit Nova Scotia on Tuesday with the possibility of heavy showers on Wednesday.More news: Prices gain before two-day Fed meeting
The Tropical Storm Watch has been canceled, as tropical storm force winds should remain offshore, a watch remains in effect for the adjacent coastal waters.
Spiral bands of tropical rainfall will rotate in during the day Tuesday and continue Wednesday as well. It is a much more compact storm than Irma. 5.More news: Shocking! 600 Skeletons Underneath Sirsa Headquarter of Dera Saccha Sauda
Since the storm center looks to track far to our southeast, strong winds for New Hampshire look unlikely.
- United States ambassador: North Korea will be 'destroyed'
- Taika Waititi in talks to direct live-action Akira movie
- River & Mercantile Asset Management LLP Grows Stake in Discovery Communications, Inc. (DISCA)
- Fergie Divorces Husband Josh Duhamel
- Ultra Clean Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:UCTT) Experiences Heavier than Average Trading Volume
- Shania Twain announces Belfast and Dublin shows for 2018
- Man United hoping to agree deal with Spanish worldwide
- Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL) Receiving Somewhat Positive Press Coverage, Report Finds
- Rishi Kapoor's precious RK studio catches fire
- Hurricane Jose to Impact Jersey Shore, Delaware