Iowa Secretary of Agriculture Bill Northey Monday commented on the Iowa Crop Progress and Condition report released by the USDA National Agricultural Statistical Service. Precipitation ranged from half an inch to an inch across a majority of the state.
Eighty-eight percent of the corn crop has reached the dent stage or beyond, eight days behind last year and three days behind the 5-year average. Mature was 37 percent, behind 43 both a year ago and average. Also as of September 17, the survey shows that 30% of the corn has reached maturity, six days behind past year and average. Soybeans dropping leaves was 54 percent, ahead of 48 both previous year and average.More news: Morning Scan Equifax hack claims two executives; Cagney out at SoFi
For a second straight week, nationwide soybean ratings slipped 1%, moving the good-to-excellent totals from 60% to 59%.
Soybean condition rated 4 percent very poor, 8 poor, 28 fair, 48 good, and 12 excellent. Harvested was 3 percent, near 2 both past year and average.More news: Ben Affleck brought his new girlfriend to the Emmys
CBOT December soft red winter wheat last traded up 2-1/2 cents at $4.46 per bushel, K.C. December hard red winter wheat was up 3 cents at $4.45-1/4 and MGEX December spring wheat was up 1-3/4 cents at $6.24. Scattered soybean fields across most of the state have been harvested with conditions dropping to 58 percent good to excellent. Harvested was 2 percent, near 0 both a year ago and average.
The 2017 sorghum harvest is up to 29% completed, which is identical to the pace set in 2016 and in line with the five-year average. Subsoil moisture supply was rated at 25 percent very short, 45 percent short and 30 percent adequate.More news: Discovering Momentum Stocks: KKR & Co. LP (KKR), Duke Realty Corporation (DRE)
The USDA said the US soybean harvest was 4 percent complete by Sunday, near the five-year average of 5 percent. Thirty-one percent of soybeans were dropping leaves, one day behind average.
- More than a hundred dead after 7.1 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- Which Analysts Are Watching CVS Corporation (NYSE:CVS)?
- MFA announces Harry Dean Stanton film series
- Unusual Activity Sighted in Mirati Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:MRTX) Shares
- Roku Aims To Raise an Impressive $252 million with IPO
- 'Vicious' economic sanctions will only speed up nuclear programme: North Korea
- Trump mocks Kim Jong-un, Hillary
- Melania Trump ads removed from Croatian capital after legal threat
- Around The World In 79 Days, On A Cycle!
- Northam builds cash edge on Gillespie in governor's race