Raikkonen was spun around and hit Vettel, before colliding again with Verstappen, with Fernando Alonso's McLaren also caught up in the melee.
Sergio Perez, who it was announced, will be staying on with Force India next year, was fifth, with Jolyon Palmer sixth, McLaren's Stoffel Vandoorne seventh, Williams' Lance Stroll eighth, Haas' Romain Grosjean ninth and Force India's Esteban Ocon 10th. Join the Beyond the Flag team!
Wolff noted that the events in Singapore only highlighted how quickly the pendulum can swing in F1.
Then fate stepped in, in the shape of the weather gods and an ill-advised pincer movement from the Ferrari duo.More news: Pentagon to fund medical treatment for transgender troops into March
"But it is a big step forward".
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport?
The incident brought out the safety car.
But then Lewis Hamilton received not one, but two miracles on Sunday, despite only wishing for one. There's no reason to believe the car won't be good.
Wolff also believed his driver was making the difference. "They took in total three cars out and I was in the middle doing nothing wrong".
What it certainly indicated was a belief that he has shown superior form this season.More news: Singapore Grand Prix: Circuit to host race until at least 2021
"It dried up and it started to rain just as I started, which was really a real blessing". And Hamilton underlined the point even with his tongue in his cheek. "We have Malaysia, where I think we should be OK", he said. It's what we expected. Austin, I think we'll be fine. Prior to this win, his past 10 wins had come in races during which he started on pole.
"But then, I guess we're not here to take prisoners".
"I'm loving driving more than ever".
The melee paved the way for an unlikely win for Lewis Hamilton.
Who will win the 2017 Drivers' Championship? "There are six races to go, 6 x 25 points to score, but it's clear you'd rather have a 28-point gap than not". "Whether it is me, I can't tell you".More news: Lady Gaga postpones European tour for chronic pain treatment
- Hazard points to key factor in Chelsea turnaround
- O'Reilly says his ouster was 'hit job' and business decision
- Dollar hovers near 8-week high vs yen; Fed meet eyed
- Antonio Conte delivers fresh Chelsea update on Eden Hazard
- General Electric Company (GE) EPS Estimated At $0.50
- Walgreens, Rite Aid revise store purchase deal to $4.38B
- Powermat Wireless Charging Fully Compatible with new Apple iPhone Series
- Mississauga Set to Make Joint Bid for Amazon's Second North American Headquarters
- 'Mad pooper': Jogger wanted for defecating in front yards of Colorado homes
- Gujarat elections: Shankersinh Vaghela opens third front to counter BJP, Congress