There were two 360° cameras at the Marina Bay Street Circuit in Singapore in the trackside and paddock to show how viewers at home could immerse themselves through a VR-like environment via the Official F1 app.
A day earlier, a giant monitor lizard had entered the track during Saturday's practice. The race is on Sunday, Sept. 17, at 8 a.m. ET, and NBCSN's pre-race live coverage will start at 7 a.m. ET.More news: Walgreens, Rite Aid revise store purchase deal to $4.38B
Sunday's race in the city-state would otherwise have been the last.
Aside from the data experiment, which is aimed at enhancing the human ability to make better decisions, aerodynamic designs and the relationship between software efficiency and a car's cooling systems are some of F1's other technological advancements, Rhodes said. We can still be in the mix.
The three-time world champion has a slender three point lead over rival Sebastian Vettel following his victory in Monza.More news: Primetime Emmy Awards: A big win for diversity
"But it is a very challenging circuit here, getting the set-up right, getting the timing right, understanding the tyres".
Oddly enough, no driver who won at the track went on to win the world championship in the same year as Sportsmail looks back at the circuit that came close to becoming an F1 mainstay in the United States.
Ferrari has also struggled during practice, so the playing field is pretty even heading into the race.More news: Brexit: Boris Johnson denies plan to quit over differences with PM
Organisers of Formula One's Singapore Grand Prix announced a four-year contract extension until 2021 on Friday, adding that their costs were falling as they find new efficiencies and revenue streams. The kerbs are high and harsh, the road is extremely bumpy in certain locations, and despite the race taking place at night, heat can play a huge role.
- The new Samsung phone might offer the best slow-mo filming yet
- U.S. unlocked Galaxy Note 8 gets first software update
- Pentagon to fund medical treatment for transgender troops into March
- SunTrust Banks, Inc. Raises Equifax, Inc. (EFX) Price Target to $155.00
- Eden Hazard to start for Chelsea against Nottingham Forest
- Take a look at Shadow of War's new live-action trailer
- Tracking Jose - Tropical storm watch issued for parts of state
- Facebook User Calls Hobby Lobby Display "Racist"
- USA stocks aim for fresh records as Fed meeting steals focus
- General Electric Company (GE) EPS Estimated At $0.50