There were two 360° cameras at the Marina Bay Street Circuit in Singapore in the trackside and paddock to show how viewers at home could immerse themselves through a VR-like environment via the Official F1 app.
A day earlier, a giant monitor lizard had entered the track during Saturday's practice. The race is on Sunday, Sept. 17, at 8 a.m. ET, and NBCSN's pre-race live coverage will start at 7 a.m. ET.More news: Pentagon to fund medical treatment for transgender troops into March
Sunday's race in the city-state would otherwise have been the last.
Aside from the data experiment, which is aimed at enhancing the human ability to make better decisions, aerodynamic designs and the relationship between software efficiency and a car's cooling systems are some of F1's other technological advancements, Rhodes said. We can still be in the mix.
The three-time world champion has a slender three point lead over rival Sebastian Vettel following his victory in Monza.More news: Tracking Jose - Tropical storm watch issued for parts of state
"But it is a very challenging circuit here, getting the set-up right, getting the timing right, understanding the tyres".
Oddly enough, no driver who won at the track went on to win the world championship in the same year as Sportsmail looks back at the circuit that came close to becoming an F1 mainstay in the United States.
Ferrari has also struggled during practice, so the playing field is pretty even heading into the race.More news: Highly Traded Stock: Intel Corporation
Organisers of Formula One's Singapore Grand Prix announced a four-year contract extension until 2021 on Friday, adding that their costs were falling as they find new efficiencies and revenue streams. The kerbs are high and harsh, the road is extremely bumpy in certain locations, and despite the race taking place at night, heat can play a huge role.
- Brexit: Boris Johnson denies plan to quit over differences with PM
- Barcelona To Switch Transfer Interest From Coutinho To Another Liverpool Player
- Dollar hovers near 8-week high vs yen; Fed meet eyed
- Eden Hazard to start for Chelsea against Nottingham Forest
- SunTrust Banks, Inc. Raises Equifax, Inc. (EFX) Price Target to $155.00
- Primetime Emmy Awards: A big win for diversity
- Chambers to step down, ending era at Cisco
- 3.6 magnitude quake strikes near Westwood
- General Electric Company (GE) EPS Estimated At $0.50
- Monster Hunter World Release Date, Limited Edition PS4 Pro Announced