We found several wireless charging pads to get you up and running.
It's impressive, and less fiddly than having to plug a charger into the bottom of your phone, but it's not really wireless.
There have been many developments in the field of wireless charging even before Apple announced its inclusion in the iPhones. Now it looks like a team might have cracked it.More news: Intestinal bacteria can indicate likeliness of successful weight loss from dieting
The Pi charger is said to provide power to phones and laptops up to a distance of 12 inches (30 cm) away, and it can handle up to four phones at once before the charging level will drop to any noticeable extent.
The beam-forming algorithm allows the Pi charger to identify where a device is, and emit a magnetic field to it.
In the meantime, there's the Pi Charger, though it's not on sale yet.More news: Eden Hazard to start for Chelsea against Nottingham Forest
However, this didn't happen overnight, co-founders Lixin Shi and John MacDonald have been working relentlessly over the past 3.5 years to achieve this.
And the technology seems to work.
At present, in order for a device to be charged using the Pi charger, it needs to sit inside a special case, although Pi claims that future phones like the iPhone 8 won't need a case in order to be charged by it. Previously we have seen efforts from the likes of Energous and their WattUp charger which is said to offer charging from distances as far as 15 feet, but like Energous, Pi's offering will offer a shorter distance, but users can still cut the cord. You can also move your device in any direction around the Pi, and in different orientations.More news: Tracking Jose - Tropical storm watch issued for parts of state
Macdonald promises that the cost of the device will be under $200 when shipping will start and you can also visit company's website to book your own Pi.
- West Sacramento Man Used Belt In Killing Of His 3 Children
- Hazard points to key factor in Chelsea turnaround
- August is offering a New Versions of its Smart Lock
- Monster Hunter World Release Date, Limited Edition PS4 Pro Announced
- Chambers to step down, ending era at Cisco
- U.S. unlocked Galaxy Note 8 gets first software update
- Dollar hovers near 8-week high vs yen; Fed meet eyed
- Highly Traded Stock: Intel Corporation
- Mississauga Set to Make Joint Bid for Amazon's Second North American Headquarters
- Pentagon to fund medical treatment for transgender troops into March