Two-time defending champ "Game of Thrones" missed the May 31 deadline. "Game of Thrones" won the award for Outstanding Drama Series in both 2015 and 2016, guaranteeing a new victor for the award this year.
CBS will broadcast television's big night live on both the East Coast and the West Coast beginning at 8 p.m. ET on Sunday.
When and Where is it?More news: Katrina Kaif talks about her journey in 'Tiger Zinda Hai'
Winners are set to make history this Sunday night when the 69th Emmy Awards are presented at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, hosted by nine-time Emmy victor and first-time host Stephen Colbert. But before we get there, it's important to let you know that the show will air on CBS All Access, if you want to watch live or through the app.
This year, the awards ceremony will be hosted by The Late Show host Stephen Colbert. More than once, Kimmel just says that he chooses "rule with fear", to which Colbert replies, "You could be president of the United States". Westworld tied Saturday Night Live for the most nominations, with 22. It'll face off against "Better Call Saul", "The Crown", "The Handmaid's Tale", "House of Cards", "Stranger Things", and the ratings-sensations "This is Us".
Those dates are what prevented shows like "Game of Thrones" from receiving any nominations for the 2017 Emmys. But streaming rivals Amazon and Hulu are also strong competitors in some important Emmy categories. The last was Fox's "24" in 2006.More news: US' bullying in JCPOA won't bear results: Leader
On Sunday, the comedian has another shot as "The Late Show" is up for Outstanding Variety Talk Series.
"Well I actually first heard I was nominated for my first Emmy while I was announcing them".
Among comedy nominees, the political satire "Veep" is a favored again after two consecutive wins, and its star Julia Louis-Dreyfus is considered equally if not more likely to claim the best comedy actress trophy for the sixth time for her role. Should Riz win for his critically acclaimed performance in HBO's The Night Of? Exactly one Trump. Look, the show is about television - the Emmys celebrate television.More news: Mourinho: Rooney is a Man Utd legend
- 'Morgan Tsvangirai is not dying'
- Blast kills 5 in northwest Pakistan
- Georgia teen's death at LSU frat house possible hazing incident
- Analysts Ratings on: Helix Energy Solutions Group, Inc. (HLX)
- Trump Visits Florida to Assess Hurricane Irma Damage
- Seoul, US agree on 'stronger, more practical' pressure on Pyongyang
- Singapore GP to remain in Formula 1 Worlds until 2021
- Danaher Corporation (DHR) Shares Bought by Xact Kapitalforvaltning AB
- Capital International Inc. CA Buys Shares of 30400 Barrick Gold Corporation (ABX)
- Huntington National Bank Increases Position in JP Morgan Chase & Co (NYSE:JPM)