Speaking at a graduation ceremony of Iran's police cadets in Tehran on Sunday, Ayatollah Khamenei referred to the U.S. impudence in case of the nuclear deal between Iran and world powers, and said Washington has made an evil move on JCPOA every single day.
Referring to American officials' "brazen and shameless" measures with regard to the JCPOA, the Leader said, "They show one wickedness and one mischief with regard to this issue every day, which proves that what our honorable Imam [Khomeini] said about America being the Great Satan is true and the regime of the United States of America is really the evilest of devils".
Khamenei's remarks come after the recent statement of US President Donald Trump, who accused the Islamic Republic of violating the nuclear deal's "spirit".More news: AFP still verifying alleged rescue of Fr. Suganob
"Iranian officials finally made a decision to negotiate [the country's nuclear program] and even ignore part of their rights so that the sanctions are removed", Ayatollah Khamenei noted.
US President Donald Trump has threatened to tear up the deal and his administration has been looking for grounds to declare Iran in non-compliance, despite repeated United Nations declarations that Tehran has stuck to its commitments.
Washington extended some sanctions relief for Iran on Thursday under Tehran's 2015 deal with world powers but said it had yet to decide whether to maintain the agreement.More news: IPhone X destroys top Android rivals on Geekbench
After years of tension with the West, Iran struck a deal with Britain, China, France, Russia and the USA plus Germany in July 2015, under which Iran agreed to limit its uranium-enrichment activities in return for the lifting of western and global sanctions.
"The Iranian nation is standing firm and any wrong move by the domineering regime regarding the (nuclear accord) will face the reaction of the Islamic Republic", state television quoted Ayatollah Khamenei as saying.More news: Arsene Wenger: Alexis Sanchez 'well loved' at Arsenal and 'happy'
- Neymar lawyer offers advice to help Sanchez leave Arsenal
- Investigation launched into deaths of Florida nursing home patients
- Seoul, US agree on 'stronger, more practical' pressure on Pyongyang
- WM Morrison Supermarkets PLC (MRW) Receives Average Rating of "Hold" from Analysts
- Singapore (Marina Bay) Formula 1 Grand Prix 2017 (Race Results & Highlights)
- Danaher Corporation (DHR) Shares Bought by Xact Kapitalforvaltning AB
- U2 Cancel St. Louis Concert in Wake of Police Acquittal Protests
- Wilson powers Duke past Baylor
- Apple Watch Series 3 vs Apple Watch Series 2: should you upgrade?
- Analysts Ratings on: Helix Energy Solutions Group, Inc. (HLX)