A judge in the Missouri city Friday found a white former police officer, Jason Stockley, not guilty of murdering Anthony Lamar Smith, a suspected drug dealer, following a high-speed chase in 2011.
U2's Saturday night concert at St. Louis' Dome at America's Center has been canceled due to the protests now taking place in the city following the acquittal of a police officer who shot and killed a black driver.
"In light of this information, we can not in good conscience risk our fans' safety by proceeding with tonight's concert", the statement read.
The Irish rock band U2 has canceled its Saturday night concert in St. Louis after police told concert organizers that they couldn't provide a typical level of security because of protests.More news: Volunteer Franklin Township firefighter suspended amid alleged racist comments
The St. Louis Symphony Orchestra has canceled its Saturday night performance of "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - In Concert". Two police officers were also struck with bricks. The promoter was also informed that the local crowd security personnel would not be at full capacity.
U2 and Live Nation have cancelled Saturday's concert at The Dome at America's Center in St. Louis, citing security concerns.
U2, seen performing during their "Joshua Tree Tour 2017" in East Rutherford, N.J., canceled a St. Louis, Mo., concert after a Friday protest left nine cops in the city injured..
The Castle on the Hill star, who is in the middle of his United States tour, announced on his website yesterday that fans with tickets for his gig at the Scottrade Center (sic) in St Louis would be refunded.More news: Options for North Korea are 'effective and overwhelming'
"Deeply saddened at what has happened in St. Louis and having to cancel our show tonight...."
Those who purchased tickets at the box office or elsewhere could recieve a refund starting Monday at 10 a.m.by going to the point of purchase.
"We felt it was in everyone's best interest to cancel Sunday night's show", the statement read, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.More news: Stock to Track: Arrowhead Pharma (ARWR)
- UN Security Council to hold emergency meeting on DPRK's latest missile launch
- Arsene Wenger Unconcerned By Arsenal's Stamford Bridge Struggles
- Citigroup Inc. Analysts Give ASML Holding (AMSL) a €135.00 Price Target
- Russian Federation assists International Olympic Committee commissions in doping investigations - minister
- Body of young woman found in freezer in Chicago
- Markets Right Now: Dow, S&P 500 notch record highs
- Arsene Wenger 'expects' Arsenal to get a positive result at Chelsea
- IPhone X's AppleCare+ Plan Isn't Cheap
- UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: Rockhold vs. Branch PRELIMS, ONE Championship: Total Victory
- Columnist wrong on climate change — ROBERT HASTINGS COLUMN