The 18 Typhoon of the Pacific season has resulted in way more chaos in many areas of Japan.
Southwestern parts of Japan faced flight cancellations, train disruptions and felled power lines on Sunday as Typhoon Talim, now a tropical storm, made landfall on the southern island of Kyushu and brought heavy rains and high winds. With an atmospheric pressure of 975 hectopascals at its core, the typhoon was packing winds of up to around 162 km per hour near its center.More news: Trump to 'slap' foes, embrace friends in first United Nations speech, says envoy
More than 800 flights have cancelled due to the typhoon on Sunday, and train operations, including part of the Shinkansen bullet train services in Kyushu, were suspended.
With a front located south of Shikoku and the Honshu mainland expected to move north and become active, the Japan Meteorological Agency warned of heavy rain, stormy winds and high waves.More news: Georgia teen's death at LSU frat house possible hazing incident
Some 1,400 households in Kagoshima prefecture and 600 households in Miyazaki prefecture suffered power failure.
By Sunday evening, the possibility of Typhoon Talim bringing in rains and heavy winds to the Tokyo region also can not be ruled out due to the northeastward movement of the storm.More news: Race - Hamilton wins dramatic wet-dry Grand Prix in Singapore
Over 500 people in Oita prefecture remained stranded, and hundreds of thousands of people in southwestern and western Japan have been ordered or advised to evacuate, said local reports.
- Trump retweets video of golf ball hitting Hillary Clinton in the back
- Jerry Jones Blocking Contract Extension For Roger Goodell
- Huntington National Bank Increases Position in JP Morgan Chase & Co (NYSE:JPM)
- Blast kills 5 in northwest Pakistan
- Lewis Hamilton Wins Singapore Grand Prix
- Trump Visits Florida to Assess Hurricane Irma Damage
- What is Sunil Grover doing with Varun Dhawan? View pic
- Fuel shortage prompts flight cancellations at Auckland Airport
- Is there a Bearish outlook for Marvell Technology Group Ltd
- Stock Price Analysis of RSP Permian, Inc. (RSPP)