Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez will reportedly snub apparent interest from Real Madrid to make sure he eventually gets the move to Manchester City next summer he so desperately wanted to happen on transfer deadline day last month.
Despite enduring heartbreak on transfer deadline day when his move to City fell through, Alexis still plans to reunite with Pep Guardiola at the Etihad Stadium and intends to join City either in January or next summer when his Arsenal contract is up and he becomes the hottest free agent on the market.
The former FC Barcelona star is in the final year of his contract at the Emirates and is expected to leave the club for free next season.
Spanish giants Real Madrid are rumoured to be in for the player, but he favours staying in the Premier League.More news: Wilson powers Duke past Baylor
Alexis looked fairly disinterested in the first half but a change of formation from Arsene Wenger in the second period sparked the Chilean into life.
In case you didn't know..
Sanchez was hit hard by the dismal displays over the global break and received the brunt of criticism from local journalists, who believe that he was also mentally affected by the breakdown of his transfer to City. "But he came back full of desire and ready to play".
Do you think this will be the last season we see Sanchez in an Arsenal shirt?More news: Investigation launched into deaths of Florida nursing home patients
The Gunners host Germany's Cologne in Europe's second-tier competition on Thursday and Cech, who won the title with Chelsea in the 2012-13 season, said the club must take a call on how they approach the tournament.
"This was a league-defining game previous year and it could shape both clubs' seasons again this time", Keown told the Daily Mail.
Sanchez wants to leave Arsenal for a reason and while a summer move away from north London when his contract expires remains on the cards, the goals, assists and moments of magic could make the £140m hit worth it come the end of the season.More news: Blackrock Municipal Income Investment Quality Trust (NYSE:BAF): Positive Stock Sentiment
- American ISIS Fighter Captured in Syria
- It's Prime Minister Narendra Modi's birthday and Twitter can't keep calm
- WM Morrison Supermarkets PLC (MRW) Receives Average Rating of "Hold" from Analysts
- President visits areas left devastated by hurricane
- Fortune favours West Brom in Hammers stalemate
- International Business Machines (NYSE:IBM) Shorted Shares Increased By 5.01%
- NASCAR driver, pilot killed in CT plane crash
- San Jose Sues President Trump over DACA Rollback
- Hard to cut USA corporate tax rate below 26 percent
- Tigers' September pitching misery returns in 10-4 loss to White Sox