"Our focus is on preparation and getting better as a football team and making the correction from last week and focus on fundamentals, technique and taking care of the football". WR Larry Fitzgerald is No. 9 on NFL's yards receiving list, 118 yards ahead of former Colts star Reggie Wayne, needing 118 to pass former Colts star Marvin Harrison at No. 8. You can't have it on offense.
The Colts gained only 225 total yards and turned the ball over three times. With the likes of Washington's Luke Falk, USC's Sam Darnold, UCLA's Josh Rosen, Louisville's Lamar Jackson, Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield and Wyoming's Josh Allen all predicated to go in the first round, it could be a good time to finish with a poor National Football League season record if you are chasing such a player. Indianapolis was obliterated by the Los Angeles Rams on the road late Sunday afternoon. The Cardinals allowed 26 straight points to fall behind 35-17.
The Cardinals suffered a huge blow when running back David Johnson was placed on injured reserve this week with a dislocated wrist.More news: Four American tourists suffer acid attack outside Marseilles train station
Sunday's home opener should at least be interesting, if nothing else, for the Colts. Last time Arizona coach Bruce Arians was on Indy sideline, he welcomed back Colts coach Chuck Pagano from leukemia battle. Having their defense show up and make plays against Brissett and a weak offense wouldn't hurt either.
Now, nearly two decades after New England's young, established placekicker welcomed his underdog understudy to the Patriots practice squad, the league's two oldest players will show everyone they're still alive and kicking in Sunday's reunion game.
Obviously, the biggest disappointment for the Cardinals was the loss of David Johnson, but Johnson struggled before leaving the game, rushing for just 23 yards on 11 carries before going down.
"It's good to be able to focus on one so you don't have to worry about anything else", he said, "just focus on that, that footwork, what to do".
- Not much more to say about Palmer this week.More news: Lewis Hamilton Wins Singapore Grand Prix
"Last Wednesday, I was just trying to remember everybody's name", Brissett said.
The Cardinals might have to lean on the defense in this game and for the foreseeable future. "He had a great practice today, and he can put things behind him and move forward as good as anybody I've ever been around". Like I said earlier, he is a solid choice for QB. "It can't be here fast enough". One man doesn't make a team.
"It's the ideal time of the year for us", he said.
"We haven't had any injuries over there other than Robert so we should play better defensively for four quarters", Arians said.More news: Dolphins LB Lawrence Timmons isn't now with the team
- Blast kills 5 in northwest Pakistan
- Is there a Bearish outlook for Marvell Technology Group Ltd
- Typhoon hits southwestern Japan, disrupting transport
- Dragon Ball FighterZ adds Tien, Yamcha, and Android 21
- Race - Hamilton wins dramatic wet-dry Grand Prix in Singapore
- Stock Price Analysis of RSP Permian, Inc. (RSPP)
- German man's penis gets stuck in gym weight plate, rescue effort takes 3 hours
- Trump to 'slap' foes, embrace friends in first United Nations speech, says envoy
- When I Was Nominated: Emmy Awards Edition- Stephen Colbert
- Denis Shapovalov earns win, Canada even with India at Davis Cup tie