While addressing a women convention in Lahore, Maryam Nawaz, reiterated that Sharif was disqualified because he did not take income from his son.
In the 2013 election in the constituency, the PML-N received a majority of almost 40,000 votes ahead of their closest rivals from the PTI party, led by Imran Khan.
The seat is being contested by Sharif's ailing wife Kulsoom, who is now recuperating in a London hospital, by Yasmeen Rashid of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf party, and about 40 other candidates.
They told me they were also alienated by what they saw as the PML-N's increasing liberalism, exemplified by Maryam Nawaz.More news: Couple leaves Rs 100-cr asset, daughter to become monks
She said the PML-N was all alone in this fight, but defeated all conspirators.
PTI leader Shah Mehmood Qureshi, while talking to DawnNews, said that he was happy and satisfied with the polling process. "However, amazingly, most voters still sat they will vote for Nawaz Sharif, who was elected many times from this area", Iftikhar Ahmed, a veteran political analyst, said in a TV interview Sunday afternoon.
His wife, Kulsoom Nawaz, is contesting the seat, but is now in London for cancer treatment.
The prime minister was received at the airport by Pakistan's High Commissioner in UK Ibne Abbas together with officials of the embassy.More news: German man's penis gets stuck in gym weight plate, rescue effort takes 3 hours
Sunday "is going to be an epic battle in Lahore..."
Her rival candidate, Dr. Yasmin Rashid from Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI) of Pakistan's former cricket star Imran Khan, obtained more than 46,000 votes, local Dunya TV reported, quoting unofficial results. He said that in total 220 polling stations including 103 male, 98female and 19 combined polling stations had been set up for the election. Law enforcement personnel, however, warned the political workers of baton charge, following which the activists dispersed. There were 321,786 voters, including 142,144 female voters. The ECP has delivered 350,000 ballot papers to the election staff.
The election to the parliamentary seat is seen as a test for the PML-N party also because it comes ahead of the general election in Pakistan next year.
According to the details, 100 biometric machines were installed in 39 polling stations.More news: Georgia Power warns of scam
- Denis Shapovalov earns win, Canada even with India at Davis Cup tie
- Dolphins LB Lawrence Timmons isn't now with the team
- The 10 Best Tweets During The All-Ireland Football Final
- Dragon Ball FighterZ adds Tien, Yamcha, and Android 21
- Jerry Jones Blocking Contract Extension For Roger Goodell
- Donald Trump's Tweet On London Train Bombing Just Speculation, Says Britain Minister
- Pirate Bay 'borrows' visitor CPUs to mine virtual coins
- Lewis Hamilton wins Singapore Grand Prix after Sebastian Vettel crashes out
- Fuel shortage prompts flight cancellations at Auckland Airport
- Hurricane Irma Damage In Florida Shown In Drone Video