Only two of the four women, who are 21 and 22, were hit directly in the face by the hydrochloric acid, and were hospitalized with burns.
It is understood the tourists were in gare Saint-Charles station just after 11am this morning when the attacker struck.More news: Manchin: Bipartisan Meeting With Trump Featured Tax, Infrastructure Talk
Four female U.S. tourists have been attacked with acid in Marseille's main train station.
She did not have any more details and spoke on condition of anonymity, per the French judicial system.More news: Trump retweets video of golf ball hitting Hillary Clinton in the back
There was no immediate information on where the USA tourists were from.
Two women suffered facial injuries and two other travellers, all in their twenties, were left nursing burns following the attack. Police do not believe the attack is terror related.More news: Is there a Bearish outlook for Marvell Technology Group Ltd
In January 2016, a 15-year-old Turkish Kurd was arrested after attacking a Jewish teacher on a Marseille street.
- Analysts Ratings on: Helix Energy Solutions Group, Inc. (HLX)
- Red Bull and Renault Set to Split After 2018
- Blast kills 5 in northwest Pakistan
- 'Morgan Tsvangirai is not dying'
- Danaher Corporation (DHR) Shares Bought by Xact Kapitalforvaltning AB
- Singapore GP to remain in Formula 1 Worlds until 2021
- Trump Visits Florida to Assess Hurricane Irma Damage
- Seoul, US agree on 'stronger, more practical' pressure on Pyongyang
- Apple Watch Series 3 vs Apple Watch Series 2: should you upgrade?
- Capital International Inc. CA Buys Shares of 30400 Barrick Gold Corporation (ABX)