Defying a cold, dank autumnal night of the kind most of their team had never experienced let alone played cricket in and nearly refusing to continue, West Indies defeated England by 21 runs in the solitary Twenty20 between the sides.
In the end, victory came rather more easily than it did when these sides last met in the format, in the World Twenty20 final at Kolkata previous year.
West Indies opener Evin Lewis of Trinidad and Tobago bats during his innings of 51 off 24 balls, the highest individual score in yesterday's NatWest T20 global against England at Emirates Durham ICG in Chester-le-Street, England, yesterday.More news: Dragon Ball FighterZ adds Tien, Yamcha, and Android 21
England skipper Eoin Morgan admitted: 'There was a little bit of rustiness in everything we did bar our fielding, which we did reasonably well.
"We played Windies in March and Ben bowled at Carlos.he got him out in the last game".
"With bat or ball, that is always the message: have fun, express yourself". It's not a huge concern but I would like to score more runs'.More news: Four American tourists suffer acid attack outside Marseilles train station
"This was probably the more challenging of our recent wins", said West Indies captain Carlos Brathwaite speaking to Sky Sports "Conditions were soft and slippery, the umpires were close to calling it off actually". According to a report in the Daily Telegraph, a section of the floor appeared to have caved in, and there were reports that a female spectator had been injured after falling through the hole.
Brathwaite snared 3-20 from 3.3 overs, Williams took 3-35 from his allotted four overs and Narine, later named Player-of-the-Match, grabbed 2-15 from his four overs, as England were dismissed for 155 in pursuit of a victory target of 177 in the weather-affected match at the Riverside Stadium.
After six overs West Indies had 72 and looked set for 230. It was a shambolic end to a quite brilliant innings which had brought Gayle 40 runs from 21 balls.More news: North Korea releases photos it claims are of latest missile test
Lewis made an impressive 28-ball fifty but his dismissal signalled the start of a collapse with Plunkett also accounting for Marlon Samuels (10), and Kieron Pollard (six) in a quick three-wicket burst. In terms of conditions or method, it was nothing like the World Twenty20 Final in Kolkata 17 months ago, when these teams last met in this format.
- Donald Trump's Tweet On London Train Bombing Just Speculation, Says Britain Minister
- Stock Price Analysis of RSP Permian, Inc. (RSPP)
- Denis Shapovalov earns win, Canada even with India at Davis Cup tie
- Engine options 'limited' for Red Bull
- Huntington National Bank Increases Position in JP Morgan Chase & Co (NYSE:JPM)
- The 10 Best Tweets During The All-Ireland Football Final
- When I Was Nominated: Emmy Awards Edition- Stephen Colbert
- Dolphins LB Lawrence Timmons isn't now with the team
- Rock-Solid Defense, Steady Offense Keep Gophers Unbeaten
- Is there a Bearish outlook for Marvell Technology Group Ltd