A roadside IED blast targeting a vehicle of security officials in Pakistan's restive tribal region today left at least five persons, including four levy personnel, dead, authorities said.
The outlawed extremist group and its breakaway factions plot attacks in the border region and elsewhere in Pakistan, saying their violent campaign is aimed at eliminating what they consider to be the current un-Islamic democratic system in the country.More news: Trump to 'slap' foes, embrace friends in first United Nations speech, says envoy
The blast took place in the town of Mamoond, some 25 kilometres (15 miles) from Khar, the main town of Bajaur, one of the country's seven semi-autonomous tribal districts, where the army has been battling Taliban militants.
"A government official and five security personnel were among the killed", said a political administration official of the agency, adding that the target of the miscreants was the security forces.More news: US' bullying in JCPOA won't bear results: Leader
The bomb, he said, was planted along a road in Tangi village of Bajaur Agency, which sits near the Afghan border, and was detonated remotely when the vehicle passed by.
But militant groups are still able to carry out bloody attacks, particularly in the northwest.More news: Jordan Ayew's stubborn Swansea City frustrate Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley
Pakistan army claims to have killed over 5,000 suspected militants in ongoing military operations since 2014, whereas more than 700 troops have also lost their lives in clashes, and landmine blasts during this period. The year was when Pakistan entered an alliance with the United States in Washington's so-called war on terror.
- Huntington National Bank Increases Position in JP Morgan Chase & Co (NYSE:JPM)
- Halliburton Company (HAL.F) Analyst Recommendation
- Trump retweets video of golf ball hitting Hillary Clinton in the back
- Seoul, US agree on 'stronger, more practical' pressure on Pyongyang
- Canadian crews deliver much-needed supplies to Antigua and Barbuda
- Arsene Wenger: Alexis Sanchez 'well loved' at Arsenal and 'happy'
- Singapore GP to remain in Formula 1 Worlds until 2021
- Singapore (Marina Bay) Formula 1 Grand Prix 2017 (Race Results & Highlights)
- Manchin: Bipartisan Meeting With Trump Featured Tax, Infrastructure Talk
- Analysts Ratings on: Helix Energy Solutions Group, Inc. (HLX)