A roadside IED blast targeting a vehicle of security officials in Pakistan's restive tribal region today left at least five persons, including four levy personnel, dead, authorities said.
The outlawed extremist group and its breakaway factions plot attacks in the border region and elsewhere in Pakistan, saying their violent campaign is aimed at eliminating what they consider to be the current un-Islamic democratic system in the country.More news: Capital International Inc. CA Buys Shares of 30400 Barrick Gold Corporation (ABX)
The blast took place in the town of Mamoond, some 25 kilometres (15 miles) from Khar, the main town of Bajaur, one of the country's seven semi-autonomous tribal districts, where the army has been battling Taliban militants.
"A government official and five security personnel were among the killed", said a political administration official of the agency, adding that the target of the miscreants was the security forces.More news: 'Morgan Tsvangirai is not dying'
The bomb, he said, was planted along a road in Tangi village of Bajaur Agency, which sits near the Afghan border, and was detonated remotely when the vehicle passed by.
But militant groups are still able to carry out bloody attacks, particularly in the northwest.More news: Singapore (Marina Bay) Formula 1 Grand Prix 2017 (Race Results & Highlights)
Pakistan army claims to have killed over 5,000 suspected militants in ongoing military operations since 2014, whereas more than 700 troops have also lost their lives in clashes, and landmine blasts during this period. The year was when Pakistan entered an alliance with the United States in Washington's so-called war on terror.
- Seoul, US agree on 'stronger, more practical' pressure on Pyongyang
- Analysts Ratings on: Helix Energy Solutions Group, Inc. (HLX)
- AFP still verifying alleged rescue of Fr. Suganob
- Katrina Kaif talks about her journey in 'Tiger Zinda Hai'
- Red Bull and Renault Set to Split After 2018
- How Analysts Feel About Berendsen PLC (LON:BRSN)?
- Singapore GP to remain in Formula 1 Worlds until 2021
- Traders Sell Shares of Bank of America Corporation (BAC) on Strength (BAC)
- Danaher Corporation (DHR) Shares Bought by Xact Kapitalforvaltning AB
- Huntington National Bank Increases Position in JP Morgan Chase & Co (NYSE:JPM)