The authorities plan to construct 14,000 shelters, each with the capacity to hold six families, with the help of global aid organisations and the Bangladesh military.
He added that Burma was "transporting rations for displaced people for emergency assistance" to areas close to the border and that Bangladesh "needs to understand that as well".More news: What? Jennifer Lawrence could have played Serena on Gossip girl
The Advisory Commission recommended that the Myanmar Government take concrete steps to end the enforced segregation of Rakhine Buddhists and Rohingya Muslims; ensure full and unfettered humanitarian access throughout the state; tackle Rohingya statelessness and "revisit" the 1982 Citizenship Law; hold perpetrators of human rights violations accountable; and end restrictions on freedom of movement, among other recommendations. Those fleeing have described indiscriminate attacks by security forces and Buddhist mobs. Many in Myanmar insist on referring to the Rohingya as "Bengalis".
Unicef says 60 percent of the Rohingyas fleeing Myanmar are children. It has offered no proof to back these charges. United Nations officials are among those labeling the crisis as a clear instance of ethnic cleansing. Some nations, such as the United States and Britain, have refused to adopt the name change.
"Not allowed", Mr Tin Maung Swe said, when asked if Mr Murphy will be going to Maungdaw district, at the heart of the strife that began when Rohingya insurgents attacked police posts and an army camp, killing a dozen people.More news: Jerry Jones Blocking Contract Extension For Roger Goodell
Camps in Bangladesh were already overflowing with at least 400,000 Rohingya before the current exodus was provoked by Rohingya militants' attacking Myanmar police posts and an army base on August 25.
Mohammed Shahriar Alam, Bangladesh's junior foreign minister, said Saturday that India, Turkey, Morocco, Indonesia, Iran and Malaysia have sent aid and that the goods are waiting in an airport in nearby Chittagong.
Bangladesh authorities say they are also preparing special measures to care for Rohingya orphans.More news: Pirate Bay 'borrows' visitor CPUs to mine virtual coins
As the weather fluctuates in Cox's Bazar between rains and sunny and humid days, many children are suffering from flu and risk pneumonia, Salam said. He acknowledged that aid distribution remained haphazard three weeks into the crisis.
- Oyo raises $10 million strategic funding from China Lodging Group
- Hurricane Irma Damage In Florida Shown In Drone Video
- The 10 Best Tweets During The All-Ireland Football Final
- Race - Hamilton wins dramatic wet-dry Grand Prix in Singapore
- Bridgewater Associates LP Invests $931000 in Prudential Financial, Inc. (PRU) Stock
- German man's penis gets stuck in gym weight plate, rescue effort takes 3 hours
- Nawaz Sharif 'Saadiq', 'Ameen' irrespective of Panama verdict: Maryam
- Dragon Ball FighterZ adds Tien, Yamcha, and Android 21
- What is Sunil Grover doing with Varun Dhawan? View pic
- Lewis Hamilton wins Singapore Grand Prix after Sebastian Vettel crashes out