A £60 million offer was on the table as the transfer deadline approached, but Arsenal failed to bring in cover - notably Monaco's Thomas Lemar - and Sanchez was prevented from leaving.
Arsene Wenger: "I'm confident that away from home we will get the points we want, but certainly mentally for our team it is important to play well and get a positive result".
He said: "We love Alexis". He was instrumental in their FA Cup triumph last season.
When it came to picking the defence, Merson wrote: "They both play three at the back but Arsenal's three are terrible".More news: About 1.5 million, mostly in Florida, without power in Irma's wake
"You think if Chelsea are on the game they can win this football game comfortably".
"But a team who can respond to this kind of situation and can have less bad performances will in the end win the league".
If the report is to be believed, the German worldwide wants to re-unite with his former boss Jose Mourinho at Manchester United, he worked with the Portuguese for three years at Real Madrid before leaving for Arsenal in 2013.
"We were not sharp physically".More news: 'Don't Play With Fire': Mamata Banerjee To Group Planning Rally With Arms
'It was special circumstances a bit, you have to consider that'.
Thus, Ozil is an ideal player for Mourinho to consider, although it remains to be seen if the move materialises, with Arsenal finding tooth and nail to get the player to sign on the dotted line. Yes, it was a bad game but that doesn't mean it will happen again.
Alexis Sanchez could come back into the Arsenal side tomorrow after coming off the bench in the 3-0 win over Bournemouth last Saturday. They won the league a year ago so we obviously know they are a very strong team.
Most notably he's won just half of his headed duels (8/16) which isn't good enough for a centre back, and herein lies the crux of the matter: "Monreal is 5'10", when centre backs are typically over 6 foot. "This team has character".More news: PH to North Korea: Stop 'provocative' missile tests, start peace talks
- First Data Corporation Class A (NYSE:FDC) Sees Significantly Higher Trading Volume
- No. 4 USC hosts Texas in early-season meeting of powers
- Frustrated Jurgen Klopp berates fans as stuttering Liverpool draw with Burnley
- UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: Rockhold vs. Branch PRELIMS, ONE Championship: Total Victory
- Wood's Burnley earn draw at Liverpool
- Volunteer Franklin Township firefighter suspended amid alleged racist comments
- Could improved Burnley spring a surprise at Liverpool with improved away performances?
- Citigroup Inc. Analysts Give ASML Holding (AMSL) a €135.00 Price Target
- Crane hit with two four-shot penalties at Boise Open
- Traders Buy High Volume of Advanced Micro Devices Call Options (AMD)