'We had a very positive end to last season and we played very well in games against the big teams, like Manchester City and Chelsea.
Wenger last tasted victory on the road against one of the big boys almost 1000 days ago when they saw off Manchester City 2-0 in 2015.More news: Neymar lawyer offers advice to help Sanchez leave Arsenal
He expects Chelsea to win comfortably because of that selection from Arsene Wenger. The last time they lost their opening three league away games was in 1954.
Chelsea make three changes from the team that beat FK Qarabag 6-0 in the Champions League, with David Luiz, Victor Moses and Alvaro Morata in for Andreas Christensen, Davide Zappacosta and Michy Batshuayi.
Eden Hazard looks set to start his first league game of the season. Francis Coquelin is out with a hamstring problem and Santi Cazorla is ruled out with an ankle injury.More news: Mobile won't slow down the Apple Watch's data speeds after all
After a rough start to the season in a 3-2 loss to Burnley in their opening Premier League fixture, Chelsea have found form and look nearly unstoppable. Furthermore, the Gunners have not kept a clean sheet at Stamford Bridge in their last 12 visits.
With Merson's former club taking on Premier League champions Chelsea tomorrow, there's a good chance Arsene Wenger's men could be heading for their third league defeat of the season, after only five games.
Arsenal have lost their last five away Premier League games versus Chelsea, their joint-longest away losing run in the competition against a single opponent (also 5 in a row vs Man Utd between 2009-2013).More news: Investigation launched into deaths of Florida nursing home patients
And for that reason, Neville is shocked to see them feature today at Stamford Bridge.
- How Analysts Feel About Berendsen PLC (LON:BRSN)?
- Manchin: Bipartisan Meeting With Trump Featured Tax, Infrastructure Talk
- San Jose Sues President Trump over DACA Rollback
- U2 Cancel St. Louis Concert in Wake of Police Acquittal Protests
- Japan to play a bigger role in development of NE
- Danaher Corporation (DHR) Shares Bought by Xact Kapitalforvaltning AB
- IPhone X destroys top Android rivals on Geekbench
- Fortune favours West Brom in Hammers stalemate
- Symantec Corporation (SYMC) EVP Sells 4749 Shares of Stock
- WM Morrison Supermarkets PLC (MRW) Receives Average Rating of "Hold" from Analysts