The technology giant used a live event on Tuesday to unveil the special edition iPhone to mark its 10th anniversary, complete with an edge-to-edge screen and facial recognition technology.
In any event, the new Watch Series 3 did add one feature that sets it apart from other smartwatches on the market: a cellular chip that lets the watch connect directly to a 3G or LTE network without depending on an iPhone to make the connection.
According to Apple's Chief Executive Tim Cook, this was "the biggest leap forward since the original iPhone". Some Android phones have also previously eliminated the home button and added edge-to-edge screens.More news: Body of young woman found in freezer in Chicago
However, some customers have voiced their disappointment over the late shipping date.
"We started working on the Apple Watch several years ago", he said, and one goal was "performing some measurements of your health that people were not measuring, at least continually".
Apple also introduced the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, which resemble the iPhone 7 line but have a glass back for wireless charging. And thanks to a new Apple-designed performance controller, the A11 (unlike the A10) can use all of its cores simultaneously, something said to provide a 70% performance boost for multi-threaded app workloads, which is good news for future iPad Pros.More news: Volunteer Franklin Township firefighter suspended amid alleged racist comments
Despite the iPhone 8 series have a "same same but different" feel, Apple has definitely given it an upgrade with Qi wireless changing, a higher quality camera, and it features the A11 Bionic chip.
Both iPhone 8 versions will allow wireless charging, a feature already offered in many Android phones, including Samsung models. Apple also noted that for budget-conscious shoppers, there is now a $349 iPhone SE, similar to the iPhone 5.
Reuters reported that Apple has never released numbers on watch sales, but analyst Gene Munster with Loup Ventures forecast the company would sell 26 million in 2018.More news: Arsene Wenger Unconcerned By Arsenal's Stamford Bridge Struggles
"It will still sell in enormous volumes because Apple has repeatedly demonstrated its ability to persuade consumers to shift their overall spending to place a greater share of their disposable income towards a smartphone purchase".
- Important metrics that needs attention before buying this stock: Ansys, Inc. (ANSS)
- Key Equifax executives departing after huge data breach
- Traders Buy High Volume of Advanced Micro Devices Call Options (AMD)
- Get 60GB data with this simple step
- Options for North Korea are 'effective and overwhelming'
- Liverpool fans are fuming with Jurgen Klopp after Liverpool 1-1 Burnley
- UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: Rockhold vs. Branch PRELIMS, ONE Championship: Total Victory
- No. 4 USC hosts Texas in early-season meeting of powers
- Liverpool 1 Burnley 1 - Reoccurring errors cost the Reds
- Hamas agrees to steps towards Palestinian unity