With Arsenal midfielder and academy graduate Jack Wilshere expected to feature for the first team after a thirteen month exodus in the Europa League this week, ex-England boss and freshly appointed Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson is allegedly contemplating a move for the silky midfielder.
"It is very rewarding to find myself here now, in hard times of course, as the Palace manager at a club that I have always loved and admired with a huge potential".
"Former England manager Roy Hodgson has been appointed as the new manager of Crystal Palace FC, on a two-year contract", said a club statement.More news: Lost Interest in Sex? This Could Help
He told Jim White: "The pressure has always been there and it'll only get stronger".
Yet he has also admitted the desire to erase memories of the Iceland defeat in Nice last June, which ended his four-year spell with the Three Lions.
"I didn't want to end it (my career) on a bad result but I think the 56 (England) games and the seven defeats is not so bad", he explained. Ninety per cent of it is thinking about us, our style and our model.
"We're four games in and the start has been a poor one, we can't deny that, but there's 38 games in the league season and there's 34 more to play and quite frankly the relegation issues are not going to be decided this side of Christmas, they're probably not going to be decided this side of Easter".More news: 15 soldiers hurt in training accident explosion at Fort Bragg
One of the key negotiating points for Hodgson in taking the job was that he could bring his former England and Fulham No2 Ray Lewington into Selhurst with him.
"Very disappointed about the decision but never the less I want to thank the players, staff and the fans for their support".More news: UBS ETF MSCI Emerging Markets UCITS ETF (UB32.L): Tracking the Indicators
- Here's the first trailer for Russian spy thriller Red Sparrow
- David Ortiz Linked to Boston Red Sox 'Forever'
- South Florida citrus crop loss estimated at 50-70%, says FFVA
- Martin Shkreli Jailed for Going After Hillary's Scalp
- Qualcomm's innuendo to Apple's Event gone horribly wrong
- Florida victims begin road to recovery after Hurricane Irma devastation
- Marlins-Brewers Series Shifts to Miller Park
- Jacob Rees-Mogg: increased use of food banks is 'rather uplifting'
- Teen's death sparks social media frenzy
- Children Found Dead in West Sacramento Apartment After Domestic Violence Call