Spokesman of Plateau State government, Dan Majang in an interview with Saturday Independent said the state Governor Barr Simon Lalong has gone into dialogue with warring groups and security agencies and they are on top of the situation at Bassa Local government Gouncil in the state.
President Buhari urged stakeholders not to allow this violent incident to destroy the progress made so far. We will not allow a return to the dark days of anarchy.
Also, a socio-political organisation, Plateau Youth G-17 Peace and Progressive Forum has condemned the killings with a call on security agencies to arrest the perpetrators.
He prayed God to grant peace to the souls of the victims and comfort to the grieving families and community.More news: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 'pleased' about photos verdict
The order follows the police confirmation that at least 19 people lost their lives in the attacks on Friday night on Ancha Village in Bassa Local Government Area.
Plateau State Police Command Public Relations officer, DSP Teryina Tyopev, confirmed the attack but told New Telegraph that he was at the scene of the attack and promised to give details later.
The attack, said to have been allegedly carried out by Fulani armed men equally left many wounded.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously reported that about 22 people were reportedly killed following an attack by suspected Fulani herdsmen in Hwak-Kwata village, Jos-South Local Government Area, Plateau state. "We are told that his body was later found without the head", he said.More news: Atlanta Airport Prepares for Irma
"Of the 19 persons that died, 13 are adults comprising seven males and six females, while six are children".
The decades of clashes between Fulani settlers and indigenous Barom people, had nearly been resolved before the latest attacks.
The Commissioner said that five suspects were arrested over the missing Fulani boy, but that no arrest had been made in respect of the Friday morning attack.
"We thought the issue was over but we were taken by surprise last night with this attack".More news: Liverpool: was Mané's red card correct?
- Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc
- Oklahoma QB Apologizes After Shaming Ohio State At Home
- FPL power outages set record, with 3.98 million affected
- Taapsee Pannu paired with Diljit Dosanjh in next?
- Sanders to unveil 'Medicare for all' bill on Wednesday
- Malala urges global community to intervene in Rohingya crisis
- The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE:KO) Reaches a New Pinnacle
- The Porsche 911 GT3 Touring Package Doesn't Have Time For Massive Wings
- Hurricanes Jose and Katia form within minutes of each other
- Gas prices jump average of 7 cents in MI