"By openly discussing suicide; recognizing risk factors such as mental illness, trauma, substance abuse, and unemployment; and deploying help to those who need it, we will find hope and prevent untimely deaths", he continued.
He added, "We are also launching a new section of our Safety Center with additional resources about suicide prevention and online well being".
How to 'Take a Minute, Change a Life'
President Trump marked World Suicide Prevention Day on Sunday, encouraging Americans to have an open discussion about the issue.
The World Health Organization reports about 800,000 people commit suicide every year.More news: Alexis Sanchez will win Arsenal fans back, says Wenger
"Behind these statistics are the individual stories of those who have, for many different reasons, questioned the value of their own lives", Mr Kofie said.
The report also indicates one third of respondents drew a link between suicide and thoughtlessness, calling out people who die by suicide as "irresponsible". "Take a minute, change a life", is the theme for 2017's awareness day.More news: The Real "need Ronaldo to score"
"Again, as community members, even the offer of a gentle word of support and listening in a non-judgmental way could make all the difference between someone taking his/her life or helping that someone to overcome it", he said.
That is why raising awareness about suicide prevention is key to saving a life before it is too late.More news: Putin warns crisis with North Korea 'may become a global catastrophe'
"Someone in distress will always be helped by being listened to with compassion and empathy", Pirkis is quoted as saying by the Metro.
- South Korea: US missile defense system to be fully installed Thursday
- Putin Warns of North Korea Threat But Criticizes Sanctions
- Department of Defense Aids Preparation, Response Efforts for Hurricane Irma
- USA formally requests United Nations vote on North Korea on Monday
- Kim Jong-un calls latest n-test 'great victory'
- Fenerbahce still in talks to take Diego Costa on loan from Chelsea
- Tyrod Taylor Will Play in Week 1 vs. Jets After Concussion
- Veteran actress BV Radha passes away on Sunday
- Pressure mounting on Bilic, West Ham
- Pedroia Homers, Red Sox Cruise Past Rays 9-0